Chongqing Private Day Tour of Ciqikou Old Town and Ronghui Hot Springs Including Lunch
You start your day at the Three Gorges Museum where you can see a large display depicting the Three Gorges Region of the Yangtze River as well as a display of the history of the whole Chongqing region. Outside the museum is the People’s Assembly Hall, the hall was built in 1954, but the outside of the building has an architectural style of the Ming and Qing Dynasties. The museum opens from Tuesday to Sunday. If your tour date happens on Monday, we will arrange you visit Tongyuanmen Ancient Wall.
Walking out of the museum, you will be transferred to Ciqikou Old Town. The name Ciqikou comes from the word ciqi meaning ceramic and it was from here that ceramics were traded and shipped from the town pier during the Qing Dynasty. Now the old town is a collection of tea houses, craft shops and cafes, but just behind the main street you can still find old traditional buildings and temples to explore such as the Zhong Family Compound and the Han Lin Academy. You can enjoy a walk all the way down to the waterfront through this fascinating part of Chongqing.
Chongqing is renowned for its spicy cuisine and if that appeals to you then your lunch today will be a traditional Chongqing hot pot, or if you prefer a more traditional Chinese meal, then that can also be arranged.
From Ciqikou it is just under one hour drive out of the city to the extensive hot springs resort at Ronghui. Chongqing is renowned for the number of natural hot springs and spas to be found in the region and the resort at Ronghui is amongst the best in Chongqing. Here you can experience many different treatments and thermal springs seeped in remedies such as mint, rose, lavender etc. Ronghui is a delightful setting to enjoy the impressive range of baths and treatments that will be a relaxing way to reenergize you.
At the end of your visit to the Ronghu Hot Springs you will return to your downtown hotel, where your tour ends.
- Bottled water
- Chinese lunch is served at a local restaurant
- An English-speaking guide
- Hotel/Chongqing port pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Ronghui Hot Springs
- Children's entrance tickets
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Most travelers can participate
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- It is recommended to bring swimwear for the hot springs
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
This tour was absolutely fantastic. My guide Traci. I hope that I remembered her name correctly for a person so young was among the absolute best guides that I have ever had. She was caring and showed the utmost respect for me. I gush about her because I am not a novice traveler. Among many other places in the world I have visited ALL of the New Seven Wonders of the World. When I travel I ALWAYS make it a point to use Viator whenever possible and this most recent experience seals it for any and all future travels. Thank You Viator and thank you Traci. The Hot Springs was so relaxing, I could have stayed there in that hot water for the rest of the day and Old Town Chongqing was truly a wonder. With the mansion tour being one of the best. I also managed to pick up some obligatory souvenirs for those less fortunate back home that are not with me Thank you once again Viator..