Lord of the Rings - Journey to Edoras from Christchurch
Bounce over rocky terrain and through narrow streams, and alight at Edoras itself. Follow your friendly guide on a tour of the site and stand on the summit — as Eowyn did — for panoramic views over the alpine lakes, mountain peaks, rivers and high-country farm land below.
With informative and entertaining commentary from your guide, take a look at behind-the-scenes photos of Edoras under construction — available only from your tour leaders. Marvel at the Misty Mountains — among the most significant features of Middle-earth’s geography — and see the valley backdrop of the imposing Helms Deep.
After a delicious picnic lunch with sparkling wine, handle movie replicas such as Aragorn’s sword, King Theoden’s sword, Gimli’s axe and the flag of Rohan. Peruse the wide selection of movie merchandise and perhaps pick up a souvenir of your visit (own expense).
During your time on the mountain, gain insight into Edoras’ magic and mystery. Learn why this special site was selected for the Lord of the Rings movie and enjoy feeling part of the action.
When your time on Edoras comes to an end, hop back in your vehicle for the drive back to your Christchurch hotel, where your Lord of the Rings adventure will come to an end.
- Picnic lunch with sparkling wine
- Live commentary on board
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for child aged 4 and under
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Please wear good footwear and bring along a warm jacket
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
This tour was incredible! As a Lord of the Rings fan it was a fantastic experience! The tour guide was knowledgeable and fun. While it was a long drive they stopped as needed and played behind the scenes videos etc. to keep us entertained for the drive. Once at Mt. Sunday we were driven on to the mountain and did a small walk up to the top for an incredible photo opportunity and time to explore. However, be prepared for strong winds while on top.
The Edoras is hard to drive to so a tour is definitely a better option. When I booked the tour I had the doubt if it might be worth it but after the whole day I’d say it is definitely worthwhile. Very helpful and friendly driver and tour guide contributed to a very organised day trip.
Good trip. Interesting conversations.