Colombo Shore Excursion: City Sightseeing Tour
Then, begin a fascinating journey through the cultural texture of the Sri Lanka island capital. Explore it's bustling streets, visit bargain markets, and relax while watching the uprising urban lifestyle of the capital.
A port city favored by merchants of an ancient era, this commercial and administrative hub of the country proves to be a blend of cultures, religions, and socioeconomic classes.
You will see blessed hinterlands and betrayed slums. The tour is tailored to show the different places of Colombo, from traditional to unconventional attractions, and to discover the everyday life of the Sri Lankans.
• Pickup from Colombo Port
• Gangarama Seema Malakaya
• National Museum
• Old Parliament
• Independence Memorial Arcade and Independence Square
• Beire Lake
• Meal break (optional)
• Cinnamon gardens
• Pettah street markets and bazaars
• Shopping break
• Lighthouse and Clock tower
• Return to Colombo Port
- Cruise port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Entrance fees to National Museum (Often visitors skip this attraction. cost 10 USD per person)
- Food and drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Port pickup and drop off fee 5 USD per person payable at the time of tour check in.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A small amount of walking is involved so comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at the time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time, and re-boarding time. Please choose the most appropriate tour departure time according to your ship timetable
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- Minimum numbers apply. If minimum numbers not met, we convert the tour as a private tour or we offer the full refund.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Really good trip. Met straight off the ship and then driven out of the port to meet our driver for the day, Rangit. Really nice guide who was happy to take us to all the places we wanted to see and didn't put any pressure on us to visit the shops that were on his schedule. Dropped back off outside the port but were able to get a shuttle bus back to the ship. The trip included a visit to a Buddhist Temple/Museum which was absolutely breathtaking.
The meet and greet part of this tour was awful. It was supposed that the pick up point would from inside the port as mentioned in the tour details, and I have paid additional money for that since there was another cheaper tour but pick up point from outside the port entrance. Since there was nobody waiting for us inside the port, we called the contact phone number provided, and the tour operator told us that we have to go outside the port, to the main entrance to catch the tour!!! So we walked to the main entrance quite a long walk 15 min crossing in our way some dead rats and crows eating them and street dogs roaming everywhere!! Disgusting!! After reaching the main entrance, the toyr driver was not there waiting for us!! We called the contact number again and they told us we had to wait for another 15 min!! So we had to wait between infront of the main entrance with tens of taxis hasseling us to go with in an unfriendly environment!! Same happened with another couple who purchased the same tour at the same time. Finally our car driver arrived, named Arosh. He was the driver and the guide at the same time. He was not fluent in english, and he didn't have much touristic info to give us. He said that the tour time is only 3-4 hours. But after we showed him that the tour is from 8 to 2pm he said ok. He tried to make us skip the entry of the Magamaraya temple saying that my wife is wearing inappropriate cloths for the temple to save his time of course, but we insisted to go and it appeared that the temple provides body covering to allow us to go in, so we did! Beautiful temple. The car was ok, a new small Honda with AC. At the end of the tour, the driver refused to go inside the port saying he is not allowed to go in to save the entrance fee of course, althou we had paid for that service!, so he dropped us infront of the main entrance of the port and we had to walk again that terrible distance back to our cruise ship. I would not recommend this tour. For a little more money just 15 more /pers you will get a respectable excursion tour excursion from ur cruise ship!!