Cruiseline Excursion Colon: Panama City tour and Miraflores Locks
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Fantastic Casino, Albrook Mall Albrook Mall pasillo de la Jirafa, Panama City Panama
The guide will meet you at Colon 2000 dock in front of Fantastic Casino, 40 minutes after the cruise docked.
Pass By: Centennial Bridge, Pan-American Highway, Panama City Panama
• Minibús ride to Panama City, Pacific ocean, your guide will give you general information about Colon city, Panama country and the Canal.
• The minibús will ride the Centennial bridge to give you a wonderful panoramic view of Gaillard cut (the famous land divided), the minibús can not stop atthe bridge but during the ride you will be able to take a few pictures.
Stop At: Miraflores Visitor Center, East Side of the Miraflores Locks, Panama City Panama
• Visit Miraflores exhibition center, your party will visit the museum, watch the 20 minutes film about the Canal plus observe from the balcony the process to elevate the boats from the level of the Pacific ocean to the level of Gatun lake (27m / 85ft) . Admission fee US$20 is not included in our Price.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Casco Viejo, Avenida Central, Panama City Panama
• Visit San Felipe (Casco Antiguo) see the historical town with Churches, monuments, souvenir shops and amazing Colonial and Neoclassical architectural styles throughout the city.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Avenida Balboa, Panama City Panama
Later, the tour will go to Balboa avenue and you will observe the new city with the highest and modern building in Latinamerica, then Ride back to your cruise.
Duration: 1 hour
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Professional guide
- Bottled water
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Miraflores Locks exhibition center US$20 adult
- Entry/Admission - Miraflores Visitor Center
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Walking the Colonial city take 1 hour approx. If you have inconveniences to walk the town, you can stay in our minibús and wait for the rest.
- Not wheelchair or scooter accesible
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
The locks are great but unfortunately, the guide was not experienced at all but only a poor guy who knows a few words of English, as the driver did speak Spanish only. The "guide" went to Miraflores for the first time together with us and he did not seem to know much about Panama City either.We were upset as well, that there was no infomation given before that locks could not be seen at all without paying extra charges for the so called "exhibition center". We were not interested in this exhibition center but forced to pay additional $ 40,- in order to see what was main reason why we booked the tour. But for the guy who played the "experienced guide" it was a nice excursion and he made a lot of pictures....