Copenhagen Christmas Food Walking Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Torvehallerne, Frederiksborggade 21 Israel's Square, Copenhagen 1360 Denmark
We will have several delicious stops where we will try seasonal specialties such as the rice porridge, chocolate, spices, Gløgg (mulled wine) and other surprises.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: FoodTours.eu Copenhagen, Frederiksborggade 21, Copenhagen 1360 Denmark
On this tour you will learn how the Danes celebrate this most important of holidays. After all, it is the true season of hygge.
Along the way you will have a typical Danish Christmas meal in miniature and learn about the traditions behind each bite.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Nørrebro Bryghus, Ryesgade 3, 2200 København, Denmark
We will try the famous Christmas beer
Duration: 45 minutes
- Local guide
- Food and drink tastings
- Entry/Admission - Nørrebro Bryghus
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Additional food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- if you are a vegetarian or have any food allergies, please inform us in the special requirements section upon check out. Note: It is not possible to do a gluten-free version of this tour.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
This was an amazing tour! Maria, our native Copenhagen born guide was splendid. She brought the traditional Christmas food tastings to life with her informative explanations of Christmas in Copenhagen. We were lucky to have wonderfully warm fellow travelers from England, Australia, Austria and my daughter and I from the US. Well worth the time and very reasonable price. Be sure to bring home some of the wonderful food tasted on the tour. Thank you Maria!!! Copenhagen is a wonderful city to visit with the most welcoming people we have had the pleasure to meet in our travels. No wonder the Danes are rated The Happiest People in the World. I am a believer!
Fantastic tour introduction to Danish food guide enthusiastic and excellent
This was one of the highlights from our trip. Learned a lot about Danish customs especially at Christmas and the types of foods they eat. Danish Blue cheese was my favorite. Well worth the money and a great change from museums.
What a wonderful tour! We sampled some truly delicious food from wine to cheese to sweets. My favorite stop on the tour was the shop where everything was from Bornholm. We went back later in our trip to buy the jam and licorice that we were able to sample, as well as tea from Tante T. Maria was such a wonderful guide, and we were able to spend a little extra time with her sampling beers at a local brewery. It was a great opportunity to learn more about life in Copenhagen!