Shore Excursion: Copenhagen Red Sightseeing Hop-on Hop-off Bus
RED LINE - MERMAID TOUR
Route Duration: 1 hour 30 minutesStops on the RED LINE - MERMAID TOUR:
- Vesterbrogade 6 - The voucher must be redeemed on the bus at any of the 23 stops or at Tours & Tickets located inside the central train station of Copenhagen. Look for the blue I. (Bernstorffsgade 14) in the corner of the station.
- Niels Brocks Gade
- Arni Magnussons Gade
- Tivoli Hotel (Kalvebod Brygge)
- Kalvebod Brygge 5
- Overgaden Neden Vandet 40
- Børsen (Børsgade)
- Nyhavnsbroen (Holbergsgade)
- Toldbodgade 28
- Gefion Fountain
- Østerport St. (Folke Bernadottes Allé)
- The Little Mermaid
- Langeliniekaj (Østmolen) (Langeliniekaj)
- Langelinie Mole Midt (Langelinie)
- Oceankaj Terminal 1
- Oceankaj Terminal 2
- Quay Terminal 3
- Øster Voldgade 9
- Adelgade 5
- Jarmers Plads
- Axeltorv 7
Tivoli Gardens / Rosenborg Castle / Nyhavn / Amalienborg / Botanical Gardens (Botanisk Have) / The Little Mermaid (Den Lille Havfrue) / Copenhagen ZOO / Gefionspringvandet / Christiania / Copenhagen Opera House / Jarmers Taarn / National Aquarium Denmark, Den Bla Planet
Operates: October - March: 9 am - 6:30 pm. (frequency of departures: 30-45 minutes) Last departure for full tour from stop 1 is at 4pm April - September: 9 am - 6:30 pm. (frequency of departures: 10-30 minutes) Last departure for full tour from stop 1 is at 5pm
- Unlimited hop-on hop-off bus for 48 hours
- Audio guide available in 10 languages
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Free WiFi
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult and travel for free up to 15 years
- Cruise Info– Arriving on a cruise ship to Copenhagen: Our buses greet every cruise ship that comes to the city. Our buses will be at the terminal when you arrive. As you disembark your ship, you will find our buses and staff ready to help you on board and into the city. When it’s time to go back to the ship, you simply need to hop off at the Little Mermaid (stop 13), and our shuttle bus will take you directly back to the cruise ship. The shuttle bus departs every 30 minutes from 11:00 am until 30 minutes before ship’s departure (max 4:30 pm).
- Embarking on a cruise ship from Copenhagen: If you are beginning your cruise ship adventure from Copenhagen, we offer a free shuttle service to the ship, included in your Red Buses ticket. You can ride our red line (the Mermaid tour) until stop 14 (the Little Mermaid) and there you will find our shuttle bus operating between 11:00am and 4:30pm, every 30 minutes.
- Is baggage allowed on the bus? Yes of course. We have space on the ground floor for luggage. Our shuttle bus drops you off right next to the cruise ship, so you do not need to walk very far with your heavy luggage.
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
We use the hop-on hop-off buses for any new city we are visiting to get an good overview of the city and to get a sense of what we would return to see for a longer time. Our ticket in Copenhagen was good for 72 hours + it offered a shuttle to the cruise terminal from the Little Mermaid stop. So convenient!
We thought it would help to reserve this before getting to Copenhagen. NO NEED!!! We had a very difficult time finding the red bus stopping points. There are so many different bus lines. It would of been easier to just wait and get the tickets. In fact, we ended up purchasing new tickets because of the inconvenience.
Since there're two ports sort of close to each other, it was confusing not for us but for the drivers. We asked them which one we were supposed to take since they were just identical buses, drivers acted careless and send us in the wrong bus. When we got to the wrong port it was one of the workers there who told us exactly what to do while the driver looked and acted annoyed. Will Not Ever book a tour with this company again. Yelp, here we come!
It was wonderful to get this bus on the pier. However during the day, some incident affected the buses and led to extreme wait times. When buses did arrive all those waiting were unable to board. Nearby company reps were less than helpful
The buses are so crowded we could not find a decent spot. Our aim was to stay on the bus, see what's available and then hop om and off. It was a disaster. We could see nothing, the commentary was woefully inadequate and all in all, it was a waste of our money. Still, I am glad we went on the tour, because now we know never, ever to use this company, anywhere we go.