Atlantis Submarine Expedition, Cozumel
- 40 minute Submarine Tour
- Complimentary Rum Punch or Fruit Punch
- Dive Certificate
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Atlantis Submarines
- Entry/Admission - Chankanaab Reef
- US$2.50 Marine Park Fee (charged direct)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Wheelchair guests may participate if they are able to safely navigate a 7-step ladder into and out of the submarine.
- Please Note: a US$2 Marine Park Entrance Fee will be charged per person, directly, on the day of the tour.
- Not recommended for child age 3 and under
- Children must be 36 inches tall or taller to ride the submarine
This is a difficult review to write as we thoroughly enjoyed the tour and the experience of the submarine and thought Francisco and the team who looked after us were excellent. The problem we had and it still doesn't feel quite right was with the administration team at Atlantis. We booked the tour some months in advance and went for the 11am tour in order to give us time to get the return ferry from Cozumel and meet some friends also visiting Mexico back in Playcar on the mainland at 3.30pm. We did go to the 11am sailing but arrived back in Playacar to find we had a text and email from Atlantis telling us our time had been changed to 1pm due to adverse weather conditions noting that it was glorious sunshine and the sea was like a mill pond in the morning. The real reason was that they had arranged a bulk trip off an American cruise liner and had about 24 passengers from the one liner. On receipt of the email I dropped a line back to Atlantis saying we had enjoyed the trip but felt like 2nd class citizens as the weather was perfect and had they been honest they would have admitted the cruise liner commitments took priority for them. The Atlantis response was : This is an offshore excursion, tour departure times, may change depending on weather or operating according of the minimum of participants. Im sorry for this misinformation this time. Thanks for let us know your remarks, as they help us to improve our service. Credit that they responded but the lack of openness and honesty was disappointing.
Great, close up view of the reefs. The guide was very knowledgeable. Kids ages 15 and 16 really enjoyed the experience.
The tour was excellent. Our boat went out full with 47/48 passengers plus crew so it was close quarters. The sub made a circuit that lasted about 40 minutes and went down to 100ft.30m and traveled to the edge of the continental shelf Nice selection of critters in view and saw a sunken reef/ ship. Great tour guide and ship crew. Knowledgeable and friendly. Only hassle was the time zone- boat vs. local time so we almost missed our slot time and the requirement to have a printed voucher despite that is says electronic voucher is accepted.
highlight of my trip, fantastic. recommend to everyone, smooth, great service and safe.
My husband and I are the only non-scuba divers in the family, but we didn't want to miss out on the underwater wonders of Cozumel. We certainly achieved our goal! We even saw the wall better than our scuba diving sons. It was an experience of a lifetime, not to be missed.