Crystal River Manatee Swim
After checking in at the tour center you will watch a brief video about the manatees, go over the rules of swimming and how to interact in a manner that is fun for both you and the manatees. You are then fitted for a wetsuit to prepare you for your snorkeling adventure. Your guides will photograph the highlights of your entire manatee swim tour from start to finish, both above and below the water. Upon returning to the tour center, a high-resolution picture CD containing images from your manatee tour will be available for you to purchase if desired.
Please note: early morning departures are the best time to swim with the manatees. For a speedier check-in process, it is advised that you have your swimsuits on under your clothes. Please bring a towel and a plastic bag to hold your belongings.
- Use of equipment (mask, snorkel gear and wet suit)
- Beverages (bottled water, coffee and hot chocolate)
- Professional guide
- Introductory/instructional video offered in English, French, German, Japanese, or Spanish
- Food and beverages (unless otherwise specified)
- Photo DVD (available to purchase)
- Towel and swimsuit
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Adult pricing pricing applies to all travelers
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Wetsuits are available in all sizes from toddlers (2 years old and up) to adults up to 5X
- It is advised that you have your swimsuit on underneath your clothes for a quicker check-in
- Please bring a towel and a plastic bag to hold your belongings
Awe had a wonderful and educating time swimming with Manatees in their natural habitat! All the Staff were brilliant and helpful and very knowledgable about the animals!
We went the last week in March. We saw some manatee's from the boat but most had already gone. Much different than the last time we went - but we had gone in February on a previous trip. This time there was a lot of in and out of the water without seeing any manatees. We did have opportunity to snorkel and spend time in a couple of springs with a wide variety of fish, which was a huge amount of fun. Captains were terrific.
It was an amazing experience my partner and I really enjoyed. We had the opportunity to see the manatees very close and spent enough time with these exotic and friendly animals. The guides were really good too. The water is very clear as the name Clear Water says... I would say the whole experience was fantastic and we are happy because of this.
What a great experience! We saw a lot of Manatees and we were lucky enough to have them interact with us! We even got to see baby Manatees! The guide Crystal was amazing and told us about the manatees as well as took several photos of our group with the manatees. The captain John was very helpful as well and shared his knowledge of the animals and area too. We enjoyed hot cocoa on the boat and had a great trip. Well worth going and the barring the cold weather!