6-Day Private Tour from Lima: Cusco, Sacred Valley and Machu Picchu
Upon arrival into Lima, your driver and English-speaking guide will welcome you to Peru and transfer you to your hotel.
Overnight in Lima
Day 2: Lima to Cusco (B)
You will be taken to the Lima Airport for your one-hour flight to Cusco. Upon arrival into Cusco, you will be welcomed by your driver and guide and transferred to your hotel. You have the rest of the day to spend at leisure.
Overnight in Cusco
Day 3: Cusco City, The Incan Empire Walking Tour (B)
In the morning, your private tour guide will meet you at your hotel and together you will visit the Cusco Cathedral located in the main square, Plaza de Armas. Your tour will then take you to one of the most worshipped temples of the city, ´Qoricancha´, the Temple of the Sun. Finally, you will visit the San Pedro Market where you will witness local daily life. You will learn about the local variety of products. We will show you part of the local fruits which can only be found in Peru. After your tour we will take you back to your hotel.
Overnight in Cusco
Day 4: Maras, Moray, Ollantaytambo and Expedition Train to Machu Picchu (B) (L)
You will head off the beaten path to Maras. The people keep wearing traditional clothing and the town has many historical buildings. Visit the salt terraces of Maras and the incredible circular terraces of Moray and have a delicious lunch in a local house. Then, step back in time when visiting the town of Ollantaytambo. We will take you to visit the impressive Ollantaytambo ruins, temples and terraces. After your Sacred Valley tour, we will transfer you to the Ollantaytambo train station from where you will take the one hour and a half train journey to Aguas Calientes.
Overnight in Machu Picchu
Day 5: Machu Picchu and Expedition Train to Cusco (B)
This morning, you will visit the magnificent site of Machu Picchu ´The Lost City of the Incas. Learn about the history and visit the truly exceptional Temples of the Sun and the Condor. You will see the aqueducts and houses, and learn about the Incan Sacred Terraces. After your guided tour, you will have time to explore the site on your own. There are many short trek options, such as the one to the Sun Gate for an impressive view overlooking Machu Picchu and Wayna Picchu (Entrance ticket not included) or a visit to the Incan Bridge. In the afternoon, you will return to Aguas Calientes for your train to Cusco. Upon arrival into Cusco, your private driver will transfer you to your hotel.
Overnight in Cusco
Day 6: Cusco to Lima (B)
Today we will take you to the Cusco Airport for your domestic flight to Lima. You arrive in Lima in time for your connecting international flight.
- 5 nights of accommodation in carefully selected hotels
- Meals as indicated (B = Breakfast, L = Lunch, D = Dinner)
- Professional English Speaking Tour Guide
- All Transfers and transportation
- Professional Driver
- All Excursions And Tours
- Round Trip Expedition Train To Machu Picchu
- Accommodation Based On Double Occupancy
- Local Taxes
- Round Trip Bus Aguas Calientes €- Machu Picchu - Aguas Calientes
- Entry/Admission - Cusco Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Salinas de Maras
- Entry/Admission - Qorikancha
- International Flights
- Domestic Flights (Lima - Cusco - Lima)
- Optional Huayna Picchu Hike: $15USD (per person)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Passport name, number, expiry and country is required at time of booking for all participants
- Very important: Please provide a scanned copy or picture of your passport and specify type of bed (single or matrimonial)
Great visit in Peru made possible by the staff at Cultural Immersions. From the pickup at the airport in Lima to the private tours to the final hotel and transfers to depart, everything was fantastic. The majority of the trip was spent with Fidel our guide and Carlos our driver. Both were knowledgable and funny. A joy to spend time with while learning about the region. The hotels which were provided were comfortable, local and staffed with the most helpful people ever. Everything was first class!
The full tour was well organized and filled our expectations .From the pick-up at the airport at 1 am to the departure we were exposed to information and as much as possible the history and current life of people in this area . Edwardo our guide from Cusco to Machu Pichu was attentive and informative without being over bearing which gave us lots of free time to experience our own trip. Machu Pichu was our objective but the side trips to the Salt Mines and lunch in in the rural community were also highlights. Our limited ability to converse in English was never an issue