Tour to the Rainbow Mountain, Vinicunca
Also called the Seven Colored Mountain, this area is little explored and poorly understood. This walk will please all discerning taste of nature by visitors, taking fond memories of unique panoramas of High Mountain, where we can also appreciate the camelids in their natural habitat.
The inhabitants of this area still maintain customs and traditions since time old. Making the Rainbow Mountain a very cultural site to learn a lot and go back to home with very pleasant memories.
Visit the Rainbow Mountain is really worth it and our company feels proud to offer such natural beauty to visitors.
- Pick up at your hotel
- Round trip shared transportation
- 1 breakfast
- 1 lunch
- Professional bilingual English / Spanish guide
- First aid kit
- Oxygen bottle in case of emergency
- Vegetarian options / special diet (communicate in advance)
- Personal expenses.
- Extra drinks.
- Transfer to hotels in Cusco (you will be dropped off in Plaza Regocijo or surroundings)
- Horse (in case you can not do the hike to Vinicunca), you must pay the mule driver S / 90 Soles per person.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Distance traveled: 10 km. Walking time 5 hours in total
- Tour recommended for people with trekking experience.
- You can lighten your step, taking a Horse (S/90 Soles pp), from the beginning of the walk to the Vinicunca mountain; However, from Vinicunca to the Red Valley there are no horses available, so you will have to walk 3h during this journey.
- Maximum Altitude: 5250 Msnm
- Minimum Altitude: 3850 Msnm
- A light backpack with a change of clothing for the entire trek - be prepared for a wide range of temperature changes.
- Rainwear (jacket and pants if available) or rain poncho. Plastic ponchos can be purchased in Cusco for about $ 1.
- Heavy-duty footwear, we recommend waterproof trekking boots. Extra socks can not be missing.
- Warm clothing, including jacket, polar liners, gloves, scarf and hat chullo. The temperature drops to below 0 ° C.
- Camera, rolls and batteries (batteries are consumed more quickly under cold conditions).
- Hat or cap to protect from the sun, rain and cold.
- Sun block and sunglasses.
- Cream for face and body.
- Toilet paper
- Snacks: cookies, energy bars, chocolates, fruit, granola, etc.
- Non-disposable canteen (Nalgene type) and morning water.
- We suggest you bring pills to sterilize the water in case you collect water from the streams.
- Your own medical kit with any special medications you may need, SOROJCHI PILLS, ampoule protection, etc.
- Small towel.
- Cash - enough for snacks, tips and souvenirs.
- Walking sticks or sticks
- Binoculars (if equipped)
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
The tour was amazing but not because its organization but only because the sights and the experience. The food was very bad and not worth what was paid. The guide did not pick-up us at the hotel as was contracted, also did not released us at the Main Square of Cusco as well. When it was questioned the guide answer impolitely. Anyway, the guide's knowledge and English is questionable.