Private 3 Nights - 4 Days Darjeeling Tour
Day to Day Tour Itinerary:
Day 1: Arrive Bagdogra airport/ New Jalpaiguri Railway Station - Darjeeling (by drive 75km/ 3 hrs drive)
This morning you will be met at your hotel lobby and transferred to the airport to board your flight to Bagdogra. Upon arrival at Bagdogra airport you will be met by your local English-speaking representative and transferred to your Darjeeling hotel.
Darjeeling is popularly known as the ‘Queen of the Hills’ and produces the famous Darjeeling tea. It offers breathtaking views of mountain peaks, with Mt. Khangchendzonga standing out from the rest.
Meal: Breakfast and Dinner included
Day 2 Darjeeling
Rise early this morning and drive by jeep to view the sunrise over Mt. Khangchendzonga at Tiger Hill. Afterwards visit Ghoom Monastery, also known as YigaCholing, where a 5m-high statue of the Maitreya Buddha (future Buddha) is enshrined.
After breakfast take a ride through the hills on the UNESCO World Heritage listed Toy Train, Darjeeling Himalayan Railway, to Ghoom.
Return to the hotel by car for lunch. This afternoon tour the city of Darjeeling starting with the Himalayan Mountaineering institute where you will see the equipment used by Mr Tenzing Norgay, the first man along with Edmunt Hillary, to climb Mt. Everest in 1953.
Located below the institute is the Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park, established to conserve Himalayan fauna. At this zoo you may see the Siberian tiger, red panda or the Tibetan wolves.
End the day with a visit to the Tibetan Refugees Self-Help Centre, a rehabilitation centre for Tibetan refugees where you can view the process of making Tibetan carpets, paintings and wood work.
Meal: Breakfast and Dinner are included
Day 3 Darjeeling
After breakfast proceed for sightseeing- Start with ride on Darjeeling Ropeway (Cable Car) also known as Rangeet Valley Cable Car due to view of the valley around the river Little Rangeet - Boarding at Singamari which is some 3 kilometers (1.8 miles) from Darjeeling Chowk Bazaar - It is 45 minutes ride at an altitude of about 7000 feet. Later visit Tea Garden and learn about processing of Darjeeling Tea followed by Tea Tasting. Later visit Japanese Temple and Peace Pagoda. Later in evening visit Mall Road before returning to hotel.
Meal: Breakfast and dinner included
Day 4 Darjeeling to Bagdogra airport drive (approx. 70 kms / 3 hrs)- Departure
After breakfast check-out your hotel and you will be transferred to Bagdogra airport / New Jalpaiguri raiway station where your arrangements end.
Meal: Breakfast included
- a) 03 Nights accommodation on single/twin share basis in given category of hotels; Hotels: 03 Star- Summit Grace Resort & Spa / Similar I 04 Star - The Elgin/ Similar b) Daily Breakfast and Dinner. b) Meeting & Assistance on arrival & departure c) Darjeeling Toy Train ride d) Transport by chauffeur driven AC Vehicles for all transfers and sightseeing; Sedan Car Toyota Etios (1-2 Pax), Toyota Innova (3-4 Pax), Tempo Traveller (5-8) Pax, Coach for above 8 Pax e) English Speaking Professional Tour Guide for sightseeing as per the itinerary. f) All road tax, state tax, toll taxes, driver allowances etc related to transport. g) All prevailing govt taxes
- a) Airfares and Visa Charges b) Monuments Entrance fees and camera fees (Tickets can be purchased directly at the Monuments with the help of your guide) c) Meals other than breakfast and Dinner d) Expenses of personal nature. e) Medical and Insurance f) Tipping & Gratuities
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- You MUST confirm and obtain any visa requirements prior to border crossing. All visa requirements are the sole responsibility of the traveler
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately