Dhaka in One Day: Highlights of Dhaka Tour
• Start the day at Dhaka University, which played a vital role in Bangladesh's journey to independence. There are many monuments and historical sights from this time period.
• Explore locals' favorite markets and gain insight into the city's shopping culture at the New Market, Aziz Super Market, and Karwan Bazaar. *New Market and Karwan Bazaar are closed on Tuesdays, Aziz Super Market is closed on Thursdays
• Visit the Liberation War Museum, where you can learn about the struggle of the Bangladeshi people under the British regime and the War of Liberation in 1971. *The museum is closed on Sundays
• See the National Parliament, which is recognized as one of the top 100 modern architectural buildings of the world. *You will not be entering the National Parliament.
• Dhaka is known as the city of the rickshaw, and a rickshaw ride to see for yourself is included in your package. A lunch of local Bangla food will be served around 1pm, and you'll stop for afternoon tea around 4pm. You will be returned to your hotel around 6pm. Entrance to the above attractions are subject to change, as itinerary will depend on availability during date of tour.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Afternoon tea, snacks and beverages
- Rickshaw ride
- Fuel surcharge
- Entry/Admission - New Market
- Entry/Admission - Karwan Bazar
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Tour sights and itinerary are subject to change
- Tour is customizable, so please advise of any specific attractions you would like to prioritize or see first
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Excellent tour if you only have one day in Dhaka. My guide was really friendly and attentive. The tour is very personal and I was given options according to what I wanted to see and experience.
Thanks to this tour I indeed was able to see the highlights of Dhaka plus being able to share some moments with locals, making that day a very interesting one.