Abu Dhabi City Sightseeing Tour - The Arabian Jewel
As you travel around town, listen to stories about the city and its sights such as Sheikh Zayed Bin Sultan Al-Nahyan Mosque, or the grand mosque, as it’s more simply known. Head inside to learn about the monument and marvel at its sheer size and grandeur. The stunning building can accommodate some 40,000 worshipers inside its walls, making it one of the world’s largest mosques.
Hop back inside your minivan and travel the short distance to the Sheikh Zayed center, where the late Sheikh's work is remembered. See memorabilia of the Shiekh including his hunting rifles and his vehicles. Also learn about how the Sheikh travelled around the world and formed the Emirates as we know them today.
Enjoy a break for lunch (own expense) before heading to Abu Dhabi Heritage Village, an open-air museum that showcases everyday life in the city prior to the discovery of oil. Stroll around at leisure and admire recreated souks and a traditional Bedouin camp complete with goat-hair tents.
Finish your tour with a drive past the Dhow Yard where wooden ships are built using time-honored methods, and then head back to Dubai where you will say your goodbyes to your guide at the start point.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by coach or minivan
- Professional guide
- Optional gratuities
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Confirmation of this product will be received at time of booking
- A current valid copy of your passport is required on the day of travel
- IMPORTANT : There is a mandatory dress code for entry to the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center, Abu Dhabi.
- Dress Code is loose long trousers or long skirts reaching the ankles and long sleeves reaching the wrists. Shoulders must be covered. No shorts for men, no tight or transparent clothing, no visible tattoos. Women must bring a scarf to cover their heads.
- For guests visiting the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque, it is not possible to rent an abaya (local dress) at the Mosque Center. However, for emergency situations guests can purchase an abaya with our tour guide during the tour for a small cost covering amount.
- You will be refused entry if you do not comply to the dress code
- Kindly note that Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center has announced their new entry procedures with immediate effect. This includes a registration with general information for each guest (name/nationality/gender/etc. …) before proceeding with the mosque visit.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- “Zayed Center Abu Dhabi is closed for renovation and will be replaced with a Date market visit and a photo-stop at Louvre Abu Dhabi “.
- Most travelers can participate
A full day to visit Abu Dhabi from Dubai was an interesting experience. Many architecturally different buildings and the most beautiful Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque was the best highlight of the trip with all the white marble and the intricately inlaid flowers in the columns and the floors. Very enjoyable tour.
Fantastic mosque, very hot day when we did tour and my wife had to be outfitted all in black coverage, very uncomfortable for her.
Glad I took this tour as I only had a short visit in the UAE. Our tour guide Gamil, was good and very attentive.
Diabolical. I was told I was would not be alkowed in a mosque. I was wearing a long kurta but not to my wrist. I saw no point in going. Tour guide was aggressive. Asked if i had a scarf ofc i didn't. I later found out mosque does give scafs and abyas so you can go in. Guide should have known this.
We had a beautiful day, the Mosque was great. We felt there could have been more information from the guide. Also we found out at lunch time that day that it was Ramadan which meant nothing to us coming from Australia and finding water to drink and something for lunch was a big problem. We appreciate abiding by the rules of the country we visit and do not mind this at all we just would have appreciated being told what these were before starting the tour.
This tour was amazing!
Absolute must on your visit to Dubai/Abu Dhabi! The tour bus picked us up at our scheduled time and people on our tour were very pleasant. Our guide was very knowledgeable of the cultural background of the people and places that we visited English was very good as well! Be sure to be appropriately dressed Women from head to toes literally, no sandals, sheer material Some people on our tour had to buy burkas that were available in the gift shop, however, that took some time away from the tour. Otherwise, everything was amazing. The Mosque is breathtaking and can only be seen in person to fully understand its beauty! Excellent tour!