Abu Dhabi Sheikh Zayed Mosque Half-Day Tour from Dubai
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center, Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Street, 5th St, Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates
Your tour guide will pick you up from your hotel/ accommodation and take you to the imposing Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque. This is one of the most prominent symbols of contemporary Islamic architecture in the world. It took 11 years to complete this immense mosque, which covers over 30 acres of Land.
The incredible view of the Grand Mosque will be a feast for your eyes as it combines the cultural diversity of Islamic art with modern architecture and design. The exterior surfaces of the Grand Mosque are covered in Sivec marble from Greece and Macedonia and its main dome is one of the largest mosque-domes in the world.
Get to the Mosque to watch its rich traditional designs from floor to ceiling. The mosque offers plenty of attractions, most notable among them are the world’s largest hand-woven carpet (measuring around 60,570 sq ft. this carpet was hand-woven by about 1,200 - 1,300 carpet knitters), the world's largest marble mosaic floral design, the world's third-largest chandelier (that adorns the main prayer hall), and glass panels studded with Swarovski crystals.
The Mosque interiors are richly decorated with verses of the Holy Quran in three varieties of Arabic calligraphy. As you move around the premises you can see the reflective pools that surround the Mosque, which in turn amplify its beauty. Overall you will never get tired exploring this gigantic structural masterpiece. After completing the Mosque visit and a few memorable photo sessions, you will be dropped back at your hotel/ accommodation.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Hotel/accommodation pickup and drop-off (central Dubai hotels only)
- Transport by air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional licensed tour guide
- Cold mineral water
- Food and drinks
- Any additional services or expenses not specified as included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque - On Fridays opens from 5:00 pm till 7:00 pm and will be closed some certain dates and announcement of these days mostly few days before only, also it is not possible to visit the Sheikh Zayed Mosque during any Islamic festival.
- Mosque dress code : Mosques have very strict dress codes for visitors. Women must wear long, loose clothing and ensure their arms and legs are fully covered. Women are also required to keep their heads covered at all times. If needed, the company will provide you with an abaya: a long, black garment with a head scarf which must be returned back. Men must be covered from just above the knees, and cover their shoulders. Failure to do so will result in refused entry. The company does not provide any kind of clothing for men
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 150 travelers
If you are on a time crunch, this is a great tour! This is a short tour but it is well worth doing. Our tour guide Riah did a nice job and was very knowledgeable. I highly recommend as this was one of my highlights of my trip
Our tour of the mosque occurred on a Friday in July, after the mosque had been closed until 4:30 for prayers. When we got there at 5:30 there were many other people there, but perhaps not as many as there would have been if this had been a regular visiting day. I would highly recommend the visit in the evening because by the time the visit is winding up, you will benefit from the golden light of sunset and best opportunities of reflection photos on the pools just after sunset. The tour was great, with about half of the time there with the guide (who assisted with many photo-ops) and about half the time on our own, which was perfect.
From pick up to drop off, well worth the money. Or guide was great- very informative, and friendly. The drive passed by very quickly and the bus was comfortable enough for the relatively short ride. The Grand Mosque itself is stunning, with the white marble and gold. Glad we took the time to visit.
Amazing place- awe inspiring- can’t help but be impressed by scale and amazing detail. Photos do not do justice to the beautiful inlaid marble..
A very good half day trip. The Mosque is absolutely beautiful particularly at the time of day we visited.
We went on this tour with our two small children. We were picked up promptly at the scheduled time and transferred to a different bus to join the tour group. Although the ride to Abu Dhabi was around an hour and a half from Dubai, our tour guide, GOUDA, made the time pass fast by sharing an incredible amount of history and information. He was attentive and very accommodating to everyone's needs. He explained all rules prior to entering the mosque and made sure everyone was able to see the best parts---including the toilets, which are a definite must see. He went above and beyond his tour guide duties and even helped us find our restaurant at the Marina after the tour. Great experience and definitely a half-day well spent!
The mosque is beautiful and the tour guide was great. The tour guide contacted me via Whatsapp about the pickup time which was 3:15PM for us. Everything was on time. I would recommend this tour.
The local agent Ocean Air Travels was excellent! The Guide Mena and the driver were very courteous. Mena was very knowledgable and his presentation was lucid and interesting. The trip was reconfirmed even before we left for Dubai and they were in constant touch. Very well organised trip. Highly recommended!