Dubai Atlantis Ultimate Snorkel Experience
The in-water experience would last approximately 20 min. Check in and safety and equipment briefing for 15 minutes. You must arrive prepared to get wet. Shorty wetsuit will be provided and required. No free diving is allowed.
No, swimming skills are not required; the you will be provided with a floatation jacket to be able to float on the surface. A briefing on how to use the equipment will also be given before the experience for novice or advanced snorkelers.
Animals which will be seen are; Grey reef sharks, Bowmouth Guitar Shark, Giant Guitar Shark, Cownose rays, Porcupine rays & Cowtail rays
Parrotfish, Seabream, Black spotted snapper plus more.
The sharks will not come up to you during the snorkeling. They stay in the deeper sections of the lagoon and are more afraid of you than you are of them.
The animals are fed at specific times and by our Aquarist only. For your safety, you may only observe the animals and touching is not allowed.
- Shorty wetsuit
- Flotation jacket
- Briefing on equipment
- Entry/Admission - The Lost Chambers Aquarium
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum age is 6 years
- Taking pictures, filming and taking video is allowed. Also Atlantis professional photographers will take photos and you can buy them on additional cost end of your experience
- Rescheduling must be made with a minimum of 24 hours prior to schedule time. Full refund if reservation is cancelled 72 hours or more prior to scheduled event.
- Please note: Proof of identity (Passport, Drivers licence or Emirates ID) must be presented at the Lost Chambers Ticketing Plaza, Failure to provide this will result in not being able to participate.
Dubai offering another first for me... snorkelling! The staff who validated the tickets were a little miserable. However once I was escorted through to the top of the tank all that was a distant memory, not least of which because the snorkel instructors were far more friendly and really accommodating. After a short tutorial we got changed and were given a wet suit bring your own swimming gear, life jacket, snorkel and place to store our clothes, which is monitored by staff the entire time. The excitement built and I didn't need to be asked twice to get in. It was breathtaking in every sense of the word and after I regained my breath I was peering down at the most beguiling sight of all kinds of fish of all colours and sizes. You are free to swim on your own as long as you don't cross the area with the floatation balls halfway in the tank. The faux wreckage really gives the tank that Atlantis feel and you only come back to reality when passing one of the many viewing windows, accessible when booking the 'Lost Chambers Entry'. Time flew by and I exited the tank exhilarated and was given a bottle of water, towels, a shower and a private place to get changed. In short, an absolutely great experience.
Fantastic location. However the experience itself was very limited. On the day of my arrival even though I phone thr company, nobody told me that there was some filming going on and as a result three quarters of the area acuarium was closed to all visitors. I must say that it was unacceptable. Should the people in Atlantis had mentioned, I could have had rearranged for another day. It left me disappointed .
Everything was so organised, staff very helpful and snorkelling amazing - would highly recommend.