Louvre Museum Abu Dhabi and Grand Mosque Tour from Dubai
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center, Sheikh Rashid Bin Saeed Street, 5th St, Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates
our driver will pick you up from the hotel / selected location in Dubai and take you to the first destination of the tour - Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque. This is truly an Islamic architectural wonder that blends the traditional as well as contemporary Arabian artistic styles.
Covering around 30 acres of land, this large mosque can accommodate thousands of worshipers at a time! As you walk around the Grand Mosque’s courtyard, you could see the shining exterior surface of the mosque, which is made up of white Greek and Macedonian tiles. The main dome, at the center of the prayer hall, is one among world’s largest mosque-domes. Step inside the Mosque to see the beautiful traditional designs from floor to ceiling. You can also see the mosque’s other priceless features such as world’s largest hand-woven carpet, large crystal chandeliers, flower-patterned floral artworks, glass panels studded with thousands of Swarovski crystals, to name a few. Don't forget to take precious snaps of this inspiring structure.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Louvre Abu Dhabi, Saadiyat Cultural District Saadiyat Island, Abu Dhabi United Arab Emirates
After Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque visit, you will be taken by your waiting driver to the elegant Louvre Abu Dhabi Museum, which cannot be seen elsewhere in the world other than France.
Being the largest art museum in Arabic World, Louvre houses many artifacts from different parts of the world. On your arrival at the Museum, your driver will assist you to enter with tickets.
In this museum, you will feel like bathing in sunlight as the sunrays penetrate through its silvery dome. This dome’s pattern is noteworthy as it resembles interwoven palm leaves. As you walk along, you can view an incredible collection of artworks including artifacts from top French museums viz., Louvre, Center Georges Pompidou, Palace of Versailles and Musee d’Orsay. To provide deep insight into different civilizations and culture, these exhibits are displayed chronologically - from ancient times to the present. In addition all this, Louvre features Children’s Museum, various exhibitions, restaurant, café and a boutique.
After completing the full day mosque and museum tour, you will be returned to your hotel / selected location in Dubai.
Duration: 2 hours
- Hotel pickup and drop-off in central Dubai only
- Transportation in a clean and air-conditioned modern vehicle on sharing basis
- Professional licensed tour guide/driver of your selected language
- Abaya with scarf for Ladies (local long black dress attire to visit mosque)
- Cold mineral water
- Entry/Admission - Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque Center
- Entry/Admission - Louvre Abu Dhabi
- Guide inside the museum
- Any extra services or expenses not mentioned above
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- On Fridays, the Mosque opens from 5pm - 7pm and will be closed on certain dates. Announcement of these days typically occurs only a few days before. In addition, it is not possible to visit the Sheikh Zayed Mosque during any Islamic festival
- Sheikh Zayed Centre is closed on Friday and Saturday
- Mosques have very strict dress codes. Women must wear long, loose clothing with their arms and legs fully covered. Women are also required to cover their heads at all times. However, A long Abaya with scarf (long black dress attire) will be provided by the company if needed which must be returned back.. Men are prohibited from showing above their knees, and must cover their shoulders. Failure to do so will result in refusal of entry. This tour will not provide any clothing for men
- There No Lunch stop, but within the visit duration of the museum you can use the museum coffee shops to get snacks & sandwiches or to carry some snacks.
- Tour is not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
The day started well as we were collected on time, by a very good guide and driver. He described the day to everyone on the coach. We arrived on time at the Grand Mosque, having been there before we knew what to expect, it was a holiday in the UAE so there were additional numbers of visitors, we had over an hour which was ample time. We then went to the Louvre which was about 20 mins away. We arrived and went through the admission process with ease. We had over 2 hours on site which again was more than adequate as a couple of galleries were closed. We were dropped off at our hotel, around 16.00, it was well organised, not rushed and overall good value for money.
Very interesting day with our guide Oussama who gave us a lot of information about the country. The mosque and the Louvre are gorgeous. Nice group coming from all over the world
The Grand Mosque and Louvre were THE highlight of my trip. So surprised about the beautiful amazing architecture. Both places were breathtaking. The Mosque is a place of beauty and peace. The Louvre a place of history and art. Magical places to visit for sure and not to miss when you are in Abu Dhabi. The driver gave us also a bottle of water, we could buy our lunch at the cafe of the Mosque and the communication before and after the tour was very good too. The driver picked me up at the hotel and all was organized very professional. All in all a great tour I can highly recommend to everybody. Thank you very much!
Very interesting building. The art is so so. Yet if you like architecture it is very worthwhile. Guide and driver were great and all stayed on schedule.
Great tour! Our guide Hend was very informative and gave us a great short history of the UAE on our way to Abu Dhabi.
The new Louvre is amazing, and what a great way to see it, and the Grand Mosque from Dubai. Miral was a very pleasant and helpful guide.