Brazen Head - Oldest Pub in Ireland and Dublin Castle City Tour
The second part of this tour will bring you back to the year 1198, the year the Brazen Head opened its doors for the first time. This is Irelands oldest pub, where you will experience an extraordinary sense of history within the pubs walls. If you are looking for a tour that includes some history and the true Irish pub experience, then this tour is a must.
With small groups of only 25 guests or fewer, this tour will be personal and unhurried, with a passionate and friendly guide. Walk over history while discovering the story of a small island that has made a big impact on the world and whose people created the most famous watering hole of them all “The Irish Pub”.
- Fully guided exterior tour of Dublin Castle including the Gardens
- Visit to the 12th century Brazen Head Pub
- Entry/Admission - Dublin Castle
- Food and drink
- Hotel Pick-Up and Drop-Off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear comfortable shoes as this tour involves a fair amount of walking, including over uneven surfaces, cobblestones, hills, inclines, declines and stairs.
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately.
- Some sites visited lack shade and can be hot under direct sunlight. We recommend bringing appropriate sunscreen and water. If taking medication be sure to take it with you.
- Participants should be in good health - consult first with your doctor if you have any medical condition or are not used to regular exercise.
- Wheelchairs, motorised scooters or any other device to assist mobility are not recommended, as we cannot guarantee: that all footpaths/sidewalks/curbs will have suitable ADA/EU compliant ramps.
- This tour cannot accommodate strollers or baby carriages.
- Anybody under the age of 18 years must be accompanied by somebody aged 18 years or older.
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 25 travelers
I always make a point of booking at least one tour when visiting new city, its the best way to hit the ground running and connect with the history and culture. This tour did not disappoint! Vikings! The oldest pub in Dublin ... and lots of other interesting stories. A great way to spend a few hours.
So much history, and fun too! A well paced tour with an excellent guide and wonderful stories. Dublin is an ancient city built upon layers of cultures and invaders, brought to life in this very pleasant package. Good value for money too!