Canal Boat Restaurant
Enjoy a selection of drinks from our on board bar (not included in ticket price), or simply take a seat at your table inside the boat’s lower dining saloon as we glide along one of Dublin’s historic waterways. Our welcoming crew will be at your disposal throughout the cruise so sit back and relax as they serve you a hearty Irish meal and look out of the windows to see the city locks and sights along the canal. There is an opportunity to explore the open top deck and watch the Skipper skillfully operate the locks that are over 200 years old.
- Dinner - 3-course dinner
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum age is 18 years
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
Rated a visit in 2016 five stars but quality has fallen off since then. Our party of four all had the vegetable soup as a starter and it was the only bright spot of the meal. The entrees were average, at best, and the same could be said of the deserts. Meals were served according to entrees rather than by table which was fine if everyone at a table ordered the same dish which we did not. As a result, waiting for everyone at the table to be served before starting to eat resulted in cold food for those served first who waited five minutes for the third entree to arrive. Granted, this is a banquet-style setting but that does not excuse slow service. Because of the slow service there was little time to go on deck and enjoy the canal trip .