Dublin Traditional Irish House Party including Dinner and Show
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Irish House Party, The Lansdowne Hotel 27 Pembroke Road, Dublin 2 Ireland
The Irish House Party is Dublin’s unmissable Irish music and dance show. Now in its sixth successful year it is hosted by All Ireland champion musicians, dancers and entertaining presenters in an intimate and homely dinner theater setting.
No Irish house party is complete without a good meal beforehand and you will be served a delicious three-course Irish dinner. Once you have finished your meal, the music, singing and dancing begins.
The show is suitable for all ages, and families with children are welcome. You can take part in the entertainment as much as you like, or simply sit back in comfortable surroundings and enjoy a presentation about traditional music and dancing, traditional live music and a dancing session as well as storytelling. During the evening you will also have a chance to learn a song in the Irish language with a songbook, try some simple Irish dancing and potentially perform something yourself!
Your Seanchai (storyteller) will meet and greet you before the dinner and tell you the story behind some of our most famous traditional Irish foods, all of which you can experience as part of our dinner from a choice menu (see below).
Please note, this is a sample menu, and subject to change. The menu is a la carte and you can choose from the following options for each course.
• Traditional Colcannon Soup: Potato, onion and savoy cabbage soup with cream and fresh herbs
• Dublin Coddle: A steaming bowl of bacon, pork sausage, tomatoes, potato and onion finished with herbs
• Cashel Blue Salad: Dressed mixed leaves with croutons, tomatoes, walnuts and the famous cashel blue cheese
• Roast Herb Stuffed Fillet of Irish Chicken Wrapped in Bacon with a rosemary and red wine Jus
• Homemade Beef and Guinness Stew: Tender chunks of Beef slowly casseroled in a Guinness gravy with carrots, celery and potatoes
• Honey and Dill Glazed Fillet of Salmon served with lemon and caper butter
• Vegetarian Leek and Brie Parcel: Sauteed leeks, Brie and cranberries in a baked Filo pasty parcel
All of the above is served with a selection of potatoes and fresh vegetables
• Chocolate Cake with Bailey's filling
• Irish Coffee ice cream
Followed by Freshly Brewed Tea/Fine Roasted Coffee
Children can order from the Adults menu or Chicken Nuggets, Sausages, French Fries and Ice Cream available for younger children
Duration: 3 hours
- Traditional Irish 3-course dinner and children's menu (if option selected)
- Live traditional music and dance from 'All Ireland' champion musicians and dancer
- Humorous stories from our entertaining hosts
- Experience our indigenous instruments including the Uilleann Pipes, Bodhran and Harp
- Intimate homely setting in an 18th Century Georgian Townhouse.
- Full bar drinks menu available during the show (own expense)
- Entry/Admission - The Irish House Party
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age 4 years and over
Food was really good, show was informative and fun. Different instruments and a dancer as well. Had a little bit of everything.
The musicians and dancer were amazing! I would recommend this show to everyone! I purchased one of their cds and am looking foreword to listening to it. This was a great introduction to Ireland!
Very good show Irish style. Good music. Entertaining. Nice instruments. Good atmosphere. Nice LA y. Good dance, very good jojes
I didn't really know what to expect but I wasn't expecting to sit at a table all alone. I made this reservation while in Dublin on work. I thought a House Party meant "party". However, everyone was set at their tables separately depending on their reservation. This is my only complaint. As it turned out, the couple next to me were at a four top so they invited me to join them. I had the Irish Stew and it was very good. I also had a couple of glasses of wine which was also, surprisingly, good. The show was TOP NOTCH. Excellent show. Very talented musicians and cute dancer. I bought both of their CDs. You won't be disappointed in this event.
Great meal and entertainment. Very intimate Dinner and Show, not a lot of people. Great Irish Experience!
We went on St. Paddy's Day. A wonderful experience, I highly recommend. Great Food,Drink and Service. Traditional Irish Music and dance. Loved it!
Not what we were expecting but still enjoyed it. This wasn't the lively dancing and drinking party we expected but more of a subtle sing along where you learn about the history of the instruments and dance. The food was good, songs were lovely, dance was good. Just don't come expecting a party.
Start was a little late but the people were beyond friendly, the music was delightful and traditional and the stories were interesting. They shared heritage that we were unaware of.
Our group really enjoyed this event. We arrived a bit early so had a beer in their bar before being ushered to the dining room. The 4 of us in our party all ordered something different and each dish was excellent. You cant always say that about dinner theatre. After dinner we went upstairs for the entertainment where we were seated in a circle around the room. There were no more than 30-35 people so it felt like a real Irish hooley. All of the entertainers were wonderful....very talented and professional. This is a must-do while in Dublin. So much fun!!
This was so fun I would highly recommended it. The dinner was delicious and generous. There were four of us and each person had a different entree. Each one of us were very happy with our choice. The show was great. The musicians were very talented and made the evening very fun. This is a small venue, maybe 36 people, so it feels like you at a large house party, You can actually interact with the servers and performers.
Fun and music and foreign instruments. Not as good as Riverdance.