Skip the Line: Guinness Connoisseur Taste Experience at the Guinness Storehouse
Step inside Guinness Storehouse in Dublin, and head to the Guinness Connoisseur Experience – a luxurious lounge tucked away on the attraction’s 4th floor. Meet your personal Guinness connoisseur – an expert Guinness guide – and then sit down for your 75-minute tasting session.
As your guide explains Guinness' history, characteristics and quirks, learn how the legendary Irish stout has come to be one of the most successful beer brands around the world. While explaining the different brands and the pouring ‘rituals’ needed to achieve a perfect head, your guide will pour four samples for you to try: Guinness Draft, Guinness Extra Stout, Guinness Foreign Extra and Guinness Black Lager.
Enjoy the creaminess of the draft beer, poured fresh from a tap in the bar, and contrast its smooth flavor with the rich chocolate-like tones of the extra stout. Savor the full-bodied notes of Guinness Foreign Extra and hear how it’s brewed with extra hops and barley to give it a more bitter bite. The fourth sample – black lager – is a cold-brewed version of the classic Irish stout that was only launched in 2012.
At the end of your tasting session, pick your favorite stout and enjoy a pint of it while relaxing with your group. Before leaving the room, your guide will give you a Guinness souvenir to take home, and then point you in the right direction to explore Guinness Storehouse at leisure. The museum is huge, with seven floors of memorabilia and interactive exhibitions that document the brew's history, production and Irish appeal! Finish up with a visit to the Gravity bar, enjoying great views over Dublin as well as another complimentary pint of Guinness draft.
- Professional guide
- Samples of Guinness
- Two pints of Guinness: one during the tasting session, one in the Gravity Bar
- Entry/Admission - Guinness Storehouse
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Guests must check in directly at the information desk 15 minutes in advance of their Connoisseur session.
- Late entry is not permitted to the Connoisseur Bar.
- Minimum age is 18 years; ID may be required - Strictly no children will be admitted to Guinness Connoisseur Bar.
- Please note the Connoisseur Experience is strictly over 18’s only. Visitors under 18 years of age are not permitted entry to the Connoisseur Bar.
- The Connoisseur is an English speaking experience, please be advised that non English speakers will not be able to partake or appreciate the experience fully
- Where possible, we recommend they visitors complete the majority of their tour in advance of their chosen Connoisseur Session to ensure they have allowed sufficient time to enjoy their visit. We recommend 2 hours for the self-guided visit. It is necessary to complete the tour before the 4pm and 6pm sessions.
This was exceptionally well-organized and informative. Excellent interaction between guests and hosts. Avoids the crowds and chaos of the storehouse. Learn to "pour the perfect pint."
The Guinness Connoisseur Tasting Experience was excellent! The tour was informative and very fun. Our family of four really enjoyed the tastings and learning how to pour a pint of Guinness. The Guinness Storehouse is also really interesting and a fun venue to spend time in.
I am a wine lover but after this tour, I am a fan of Guinness. Loved this tour highly recommend it. Still looking for that West Indies Porter...yummy.
We were glad we paid the extra money for the Connoisseurs Experience. Well worth it. The groups for this are small.....no more than about 14-16. The young man who guided us through this was very knowledgeable and he made it fun! Go for it.....you won Be disappointed.
This was one of the best experiences if you enjoy beer. Stewart was very knowledgeable and fun. The venue is in a small lovely pub within the Guinness factory. All the tastes were half pints, very generous, and at the end you poured your own pint. You could even attempt to make a shamrock in the foam. Well worth the cost and time.
What a great way to spend a few hours. Beautiful private bar for sampling the Guinness range with knowledgeable host. Only 4 people on tour so nice and relaxed. Then had another pint in impressive, if crowded, Gravity Bar. Fantastic views from 7th floor. There is a fair amount of alcohol drunk so beware : Had a great lunch at 1837 and then spent another hour looking around Storehouse and buying some gifts
This was a great and fun experience. We were all seated around a oblong bar, the Connoisseur standing mostly in the middle with draught taps on either side, and we sampled 4 different types of Guinness before pouring our own pint behind the bar. We then received a certificate to commemorate our crafting of the Perfect Pint of Guinness, and proceeded upstairs to the panoramic Gravity bar. The bar was quite full of people, and was a bit loud, so be aware that you may end up scrunched against other people - but if you do not have anxiety about groups of people, the bar is quite enjoyable and the view over the city is great with text on the windows telling you what you are looking at.
This tour was amazing!
A great tour to take. Lots of tasting of Guiness and it made me a fan of the beer. The tour host was extremely knowledgeable and this tour is definitely worth the money. No waiting and a small private affair.