Full-Day Dunedin Tour with Larnach Castle & Gardens, Speight's Brewery
The next stop is the 1871 Larnach Castle & Gardens, where you'll journey back in time with a guided tour through the scandalous, exciting, and tragic history of the imposing landmark. Find breathtaking views of the Otago Peninsula from the splendid gardens, and enjoy some free time to purchase lunch from the castle cafe.
See even more of Otago Peninsula scenery on the trip back to Dunedin, then arrive at the Speight’s Brewery for an interactive and informative guided tour through the historic working brewery, which has been producing Speight’s legendary ales on the same site since 1876.
This full-day Dunedin and Otago Peninsula tour concludes with drop-off at Port Chalmers at roughly 4pm.
- Guided Tour of Larnach Castle
- Guided Tour of Speights Brewery
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Worry-free Shore excursion Guarantee
- Entry/Admission - Larnach Castle & Gardens
- Entry/Admission - Speight’s Brewery
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Collapsible wheelchairs with removable wheels can be accommodated providing the passenger is accompanied by someone who can assist them board and disembark
- Covered footwear is required for the Brewery Tour
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 50 travelers
Great tour. the tour guide was highly knowledgable of the arear and provided a lot of information aboout the local sights. The scenery while travelling from the elected locations was beautiful.
The drive to Larnach Castle was accompanied by spectacular scenery of Dunedin and the surrounds. The Larnarch Castle tour was very interesting. Our tour guide was a brilliant narrator and brought the history of the castle alive. The gardens are beautiful and vast and the cafe/dining area provides great coffee, refreshments along with a good menu choice. The Spleights Brewery tour was also very interesting and provided our group with the history of bear making in the region right through to the present day. The samples at the end of the tour were very generous. This tour is a must, particularly if you are arriving in Dunedin via cruise ship and have a limited amount of time to see Dunedin. You won’t be disappointed.
The tour of the castle and grounds was quite interesting.... and how can you go wrong with a brewery tour?!? Cheers!
Tour was great!
Fantastic day trip which cost about half what the ship was charging for the same intinerary. Picked up on time at the port and shown some city highlights before heading to Larnach Castle. The inside of the castle is amasing and the history of the Larnach family very interesting. Traveled back into town and then did a guided tour of Speights brewery followed by a beer tasting. Made it back to to the ship with about 20 minutes to spare. Over all it was an excellent day and the bus driver was friendly, helpful and very informative.
Eight of us Booked the Tour,the Guide was absolutely Tops,Sorry forgot his Name,We had a great tour around the City to the Brewery and up to the Castle had some Lunch and was so impressed with the Restoration that had been done since we were there 20 years ago.If you are in Dunedin don't miss the Castle,and the History of the Original owner is to die for,I brought the Book on the Castle,very interesting. The views from the Roads are very very good an the City is such a lovely place to Browse around.Had a tour of the brewery and a Taste quite a few actually,of the Local Beer Boy was that Good,.a Great Day had by all.