Taieri Gorge Railway from Dunedin
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Taieri Gorge Railway, Anzac Square, Dunedin 9054 New Zealand
This 4-hour round-trip train travels through some of New Zealands most beautiful scenery. Includes a commentary, sightseeing stops and cafe/bar. This is an all-weather experience not to be missed.
- Rail Tour
- Live commentary on board
- The listed price does not include local parking charges
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Hotel pickup or drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Seats are assigned by the theater box office and will not be known in advance
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- Please bring cash for cafe carriage purchases.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible - please give us plenty of prior notice.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
My grandson and I had a lovely day, he was excited with his first train trip. The service and commentary were very good.
The ride up the gorge was too long (up and return). It's so bored for scenery not much to see going up and back. It's waste of money and time. Disappointed. No recommend it.
The journey is indeed a feast for the eyes and the track is indeed an engineering feat. Would certainly recommend for anyone visiting Dunedin
Absolutely the worst organised tour of our entire trip. In fact I don't think we have ever experienced anything worse. A complete waste of money. In fact there is more information and commentary provided about the landscape when travelling on the suburban commuter trains in Sydney. Absolutely NO commentary in the train so you dont know where you are or what you're looking at. Wouldnt have a clue. It was just a train ride to a stop after a couple of hours so stall holders at a market in the middle of god know's where can peddle their goods. Coffee machine broke in the cafe car and ran out of food - sandwiches etc on the outbound trip - within the first hour!! Every person on our trip should have had their money handed back to them as it was nothing more than a 4 hour train ride with no information whatsoever.
Everything was as we expected, all very well organised, running on time, excellent commentary, markets at the half way mark where locals had their hand made knitted items etc. Shuttles to and from the boat came every 10 mins so there was no waiting. Dunedin Railway Station is stunning. There is some walking involved down one way up the other way. But a very entertaining trip.
A great ride from the Dunedin railway station which is a beautiful building in itself. The ride up the gorge was amazing filled with beautiful scenery and knowledgeable commentary from the conductor on board. There was a snack car available and at Pukerangi where the train turned around we were met by local women with crafts for sale. Travel up on one side of the car then move to the other side for the return trip for the best views.