Helen's Highs and Hidden Lows Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Edinburgh Old Town, Old town, Edinburgh EH1 Scotland
We start up high at the Castle and walk up, down and all around some of the hidden old gems of the city.
You'll see historic places, learn fascinating stories about real people who lived in this city, pass under main areas, wind through some narrow streets and pop out unexpectedly from time to time to see some of the most spectacular sights that Edinburgh has to offer.
At the end of the tour we will take in one of the higher levels of the city by climbing the short distance to the top of Calton Hill to see incredible views across the city and out to sea. The tour ends here, leaving you to continue to enjoy the views at your own pace. The hill is a five minute walk away from the East end of the city centre..
Duration: 2 hours
- Tour Guide and lots of interesting information about our beautiful city!
- Food and Drink
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- The walk is about 3 miles/ 5 km up and down with many steps so comfortable walking shoes are recommended!
- If you would prefer to walk a shorter distance then my other tour "Historic Old City Tour" maybe more enjoyable! Please see our website for details or contact us directly.
- We have two other tours - "Historic Old City Tour" and "Grand Designs and Hidden Gems" which are both shorter and cover different areas of the city. Please see our website or contact us if you are interested in other tours.
- We also run individual tours at a time and place to suit you. Please contact us directly for information.
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
We loved how Helen weaved the tour around her knowledge of the geography of Edinburgh as it helped explain why activities took place when and where they did over the city's long history. Her many wonderful stories highlighting famous people of Edinburgh's history added greatly to our enjoyment of the tour.