El Calafate Adventure Tour: Hiking Across El Perito Moreno Glacier
With your crampons fastened, head out for the real adventure as you embark on a 1.5 hour walk across the glacier. Your guide will be there to tell you about the famous Perito Moreno Glacier while trekking. At the end of the walk, enjoy lunch (bring your own) before continuing on.
Finish up your adventure as you cross the Rico Arm again, which leads you to a footbridge located in front of the glacier for one last glance at the beautiful glacier. Then, make your way back to the road that cuts between the forest of lengas and the pier. Board a bus that will take you to the glacier's viewpoint and footbridges, where you have an hour to enjoy before heading back to your hotel.
- Guided minitrek across El Perito Moreno Glacier
- All necessary equipment
- Professional guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Lunch (you must bring your own)
- National park entrance fee
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Minimum age is 10
- Maximum age is 50 due to age restrictions on the operator's insurance
- Sports shoes or trekking boots and warm wool or cotton socks are highly recommended
- Comfortable sportswear, long trousers, warm sweater or pile, water or windproof jacket, sun glasses, sun block and gloves are recommended
- You must bring your own lunch
- MUST provide passport number and date of birth in the special requirements fields when booking this tour
Absolutely incredible trip! The highlight of my trip to Patagonia. Every staff member along the way was kind and just fantastic. The bus pick up came a bit late, but they had called my hotel ahead of time to alert me. The scenery was indescribable. I wish we could have spent more time on the walkway but agreed with the design of the tour to have more time on the actual glacier. The chocolate and whiskey at the end of the trip was a very nice touch. The hike does not require you to be in shape, although it does help as the climb can be steep at times. However, the crampons make the climb almost effortless. I read a review that said stop reading and reserve this tour. I listened, and I again pass that on to you!
Fantastic experience! Hiking on the glacier was easy and fun! The guides were knowledgeable and fun! Don't just go look at the glacier, hike it as well! It is worth the money and time!
OMG, must do! Simply just book it and don't read any other reviews. Only advice is to bring your own gloves which are required. Well worth it