La Bufadora Tour in Baja California
La Bufadora is the most important natural attraction of Ensenada. The spout of sea water is the result of air, trapped in a sea cave, exploding upwards, often shooting upwards more than 100 ft above sea level, creating a thunderous noise as well. The phenomena repeats every minute or so with its volume depending on the strength of the waves.
Also, on this visit you will have the opportunity to buy craft-works and souvenirs from Baja California and other regions of Mexico at a large typical market on the sidewalks. Then you can taste food and drinks of the region in a variety of restaurants located on the sea side with a breathtaking view of the Pacific Ocean.
You will be taken back to your hotel at around 2pm.
- Hotel/Meeting point pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private vehicle
- Local guide English/Spanish
- Visit to large typical market on the sidewalks
- Bottled water
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Dress code is casual
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
Rather than purchasing an excursion from the Cruise, we opted to book a local guide with transportation by a private vehicle. We were delighted to have this personal tour led by Eugenia Ibanez and Lugi Minchini who took great care of our family of five. Eugenia is very personable, speaks excellent English and answered all our questions about the area, culture, people and Mexico. She was the highlight of our tour and made us all feel welcomed, comfortable and informed. Luigi is also an excellent driver, seemingly knowing every speed bump and pothole, where he would slow down and cross easily so that the passengers were not jostled. They were very flexible and made the trip feel more like a nice family outing ... it was a pleasure meeting them and hearing so much about Ensenada, the city and area they so much enjoy.