Bike tour Florence the Countryside of Tuscany and olive oil tasting
Set out from Fiesole with your guide, admiring the verdant green hills around you. Pedal past groves of olive trees and lanes lined with Tuscany's quintessential cypress trees leading to historic villas. Ride along secondary roads with less traffic and away from the bustle of the city.
Reach the cycling land along the Arno River for the second leg of the bike tour. This will take you into the historic heart of Florence, where you'll see ancient streets, charming squares, and important monuments. The tour ends in central Florence.
The bike tour covers roughly 17 miles (27 km), with only about 295 feet of elevation gain uphill, but it is designed for people who are at least occasional cyclists.
- Professional, local guide
- MTB rental (24 speeds front suspended)
- Helmet and safety accessories
- 3/4 liter mineral water
- Snacks: Included a brief stop at a local farm to eat, as is tradition ever since I was a child, bread and a very good local extra virgin olive oil.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- A minimum of 2 participants (excluding the tour leader) is required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough participants. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Please be aware that
- but require at least the status of “Occasional biker
- Our itineraries for “Occasional bikers” have been created:
- reducing difficulties as much as possible (uphills are minimal, only paved roads or unpaved roads in excellent conditions are chosen)
- using exclusively cycle paths or pedestrian/bicycle areas in large cities
- using only low traffic roads outside of cities
- planning excursions outside of peak hours traffic
- However all participants, especially the youngest ones, are strictly required to conduct a safe bike driving and keep
- This applies on any itinerary, including those for “Occasional bikers”. Also, they must be able to:
- ride on public roads
- ride on secondary paved roads which are not always in perfect condition
- ride on downhill roads that can be steep at times
We had such a fun afternoon biking from the hills above Fiesole through olive groves and back into Florence. The bikes were good quality and Giovanni was very conscientious of my kids on their bikes. I would recommend this activity to anyone who wants a countryside view of Florence.
This tour was amazing!