Florence River Cruise on a Traditional Barchetto
See Florence from a total different perspective. A leisurely cruise down the River Arno is a great way to see Florence.
After you meet the guide you will enjoy a nice short walk through Piazza Signoria and under the Uffizi Gallery, seeing the Pontevecchio (old bridge) from the bank, all the way through to the “embarcadero”.
You will then get on board the “barchetto”, the Florentine Gondola, one of the only 4 original traditional wooden boats left in Florence, conducted by a “barcaiolo”, a true florentine tradition holder that will guide the boat with his long-reaching pole. No noisy engines, only the charm of tradition and the voice of your expert guide to unveil the secrets of the Arno river as you stroll on its calm waters and discover its history and the beautiful Palazzos that frame its ancient riverbed.
You will pass in front of the Uffizi gallery, the beautiful caretaker of many artistic historical treasures, pass under the unique Pontevecchio bridge and you will find out more about the mysterious Vasari Corridor. You will also have the chance to discover the Santa Trinita Bridge and the amazing Palazzo Corsini.
You will then enjoy a refreshing “aperitivo” with a glass of cool wine, to celebrate on board your romantic stay in Florence!
The commentary is informative but very entertaining and may include a few colourful local stories. The tour is safe and very enjoyable.
See and experience the splendour of this special city from the relaxed comfort of an old, gondola style, traditional boat.
- Guided short walk of the city center to the embarcadero
- Mini Cruise on the Arno River aboard a Florentine Gondola (approx. 50 min)
- Cool Wine "aperitivo"
- English speaking fully licensed History guide
- Only in English for the highest quality
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- RAIN POLICY:
- The tour departure might be cancelled due to rain.
- We will do our best to proceed with the tour. However rain or adverse weather conditions could prevent us from being able to offer an enjoyable and fully safe experience.
- In case we cancel the tour (and only in this case), guest options are:
- 1) Rain check to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company.
- 2) 100% refund for tour cancellation.
- Please note that clients' safety and comfort are of utmost priority.
- In any case, clients should show up at the meeting point at the scheduled time, or contact the office in advance.
- No-shows will not be refunded.
Tour was amazing. Really knowledgeable guide and it was made even better by the group of people I did the tour with. The glass of prosecco was a nice touch and seeing the sun set over the water was stunning. As something different to do it was lovely.
This was a lovely way to spend the evening and to see Florence from the river. The guide was very knowledgeable and made it a fun night.
We saw Florence from the Arno with some explanations of the city, river and bridges. A very nice way to quietly see some of the sights.
The guide was knowledgeable. The weather was great and the views were worth it. Saw a lot, sitting down.
Florence from a small open boat is beautiful and the guide was really knowledgeable, completely recommend.