Half-Day Active Bike Tour to Fiesole & Olive oil tasting
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Piazza Mino, Fiesole Italy
One of the most characteristic and peculiar landscapes of Tuscany including one of the best views of Florence
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Convento di San Francesco, Via San Francesco 13, 50014, Fiesole Italy
A fifteenth century Monastery on the top of the hill
Pass By: Localita Olmo, 50100, Florence Italy
The Tuscan countryside surrounding the city immersed in a hilly landscape of cypresses and endless expanses of olive trees.
Stop At: Santuario di Montesenario, Via Montesenario, 50036, Vaglia Italy
An old monastery and a fantastic point of view of all Tuscany
Duration: 30 minutes
Pass By: Chiesa di San Miniato in Pagnolle, Via Dei Bosconi 4, 50065, Pontassieve Italy
You will bike across the valley where is the Monastery of Madonna del Sasso and the Local Protected National Reserve (still inhabited by wolves!). Wonderful view of Tuscan Countryside.
- Local guide
- Professional guide
- MTB rental (24 speeds brake disc, front suspension)
- Helmet and safety accessories
- 3/4 liter mineral water
- Use of bicycle
- Snacks - Olive oil tasting: bread and local extra virgin olive oil at a family farm (not suitable for coeliacs).
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Bike tour for average-weekend rider and active rider
- It is very important to choose your own clothing, and make sure you have checked the climate conditions before joining the tour
- We recommend wearing cycling shorts
- Wearing sandals or flip flops is forbidden
- A minimum of 2 participants (excluding the tour leader) is required. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough participants. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions, please dress appropriately
- From Florence, to reach Fiesole and the bike tour start point with public transportation, it’s easy, cheap, ecologically-friendly. The bus ATAF number 7 leaves the Florence historic center (from Via Giorgio la Pira) every 20 minutes and reaches Fiesole in 20 minutes.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Travelers should have a strong physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
I did a 4 hour solo tour from Fiesole up to the monastery and then around back to Fiesole. I loved seeing the Tuscan country side away from Florence. Giovanni provided an extremely interesting perspective to modern life in Italy and was just lovely. Some of the slopes were a bit much for me so he helped me out. We even went off road for a little bit. The views were worth the effort and the downward slopes felt very good afterwards! Giovanni can tailor the tour to anyone's ability as he knows the routes so well. He kept checking that I was okay. He provides plenty of opportunities to stop, drink, refill bottle, bathroom, etc. This is something well worth it as its so easy to get to Feisole and you really get a unique perspective from a true local!