Private Tour: Top Brunello di Montalcino Wine Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cooltours - Day Tour, Via San Quirico 20, 50064, Figline e Incisa Valdarno Italy
The day trip starts directly at your lodging where you will be picked up by a driver guide also wine expert in a comfortable Mercedes minivan for your Brunello di Montalcino private wine tour experience.
After the first part of the drive, we will be in the scenic tuscan countryside made of rolling hills and cypresses, uphill you will start enjoying the view of the vineyards where Sangiovese grosso grows to produce the most elegant Italian wine.
Stop at the first winery for cellar visits with attention to the history of the wine making in this old wine region and wine tasting of at least 3 different wines.
After the first stop we will visit the second winery and you will be served a home made lunch to combine each Brunello and Rosso vintage, so you will be able to savor a typical Tuscan meal but also to learn in your palate how wine & food pairing works in Tuscany, homeland of great red wines.
The last stop will be done at the third organic producer where you will continue your wine tasting and olive oil tasting as well.
Your day will end after you tasted different styles Brunello, Rosso di Montalcino and some Supertuscan wines.
Please note: EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL TASTING is included at least in one of the three wineries selected.
We will drive back to Florence or Siena.
- Pick up at 8:30 am if departure is from Florence OR 9:30 if departure is from Siena
- Drive to the beautiful Montalcino area with its rolling hills
- Stop at the first selected winery, ground cellars visit, detailed private tour of the winery most likely done by the owners
- Guided wine tasting of at least 3-4 wines
- Short ride to the second winery for cellar visit
- Food and wine pairing with detailed information about tasting notes
- Visit the third winery and wine tasting of at least other 3 wines
- Drive back to your lodging, ride will depend on the pick up point ( approx. 1 hr to Siena and 2 hours to Florence).
Duration: 9 hours
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Wine tasting
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Private tour
- Entry/Admission - Cooltours - Day Tour
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Absolutely the highlight of our trip. We highly recommend Anna and of course the 3 vineyards we visited
Anna was a fabulous guide! She took us to wonderful wineries. She has a great background in wine is a very good driver and, has a marvelous sense of humor. I highly recommend this tour!!
Fantastic tour of several wineries filled with interesting characters and great food/wine. This tour is more off the beaten path and well worth it. Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and accomidating. We needed to start in one place and finish in another which was no problem. Just a fantastic day.