Private Tuscany Wine Tour Experience from Florence
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cooltours - Day Tour, Via San Quirico 20, 50064, Figline e Incisa Valdarno Italy
This exclusive private wine experience will lead you to the heart of the Chianti Classico region to sample top end Chianti Classico, Chianti Classico Riserva, Gran Selezione and Supertuscans wines.
All wines are upscale and personally selected by quality and certifications by your sommelier.
Do not expect mass production wineries but exclusive and unique wineries only locals have access to.
- Pick up at your lodging front door (Florence or Siena or surroundings)
- Scenic drive through the Sienese and Florentine sides of the Chianti Classico Region (usually the distance from one place to the next one is about 30 minutes drive)
- Stops along the way to take postcard perfect pictures made of vineyards, grapes, harvesting moments (in season) and stone made villages (medieval hamlets)
- Stop and visit the first selected winery: the owners will greet you and will show you the cellars, their grounds and they will explain how they make their own wines.
Make sure you ask all the questions you have in mind cause they are there for you and they are part of our wine experience.
- Around noon or so we will drive toward the second winery where a feast of food will be served (special dietary needs can be satisfied) but of course each course will be paired with the right food under the supervision of the winery owners but also your sommelier.
Being a farm to table meal, expect to taste extra virgin olive oil, truffle products and/or aged balsamic vinegars (all according to the seasonal products selected and produced by the wineries), local cheeses, honey and more for an authentic farm to table food experience.
- After food and wine pairing, our scenic drive will lead you to the third winery (usually a little bigger estate) to complete your cellar visits and wine tastings always followed by a member of the winery.
- After this last winery, you will be driven back to your lodging and we'll be ready for your next wine adventure with us!
Duration: 8 hours
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Wine tasting
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Cooltours - Day Tour
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Dress code is smart casual
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Subject to favourable weather conditions. If cancelled due to poor weather, you will be given the option of an alternative date or full refund
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
To put it simply, Anna is marvelous. Whether you are novice wine lovers (like us) or steeped in wine knowledge, this day trip is quite wonderful. From Anna’s history of the Tuscany region to her deep knowledge of the wines to her intimate relationships with family winemakers in the Chianti region, this day was so much more than a “wine tour.” Exquisite wine, food and company. The wine families could not have been more open and genuine. Grazie Anna for an all around wonderful experience!
This is the best tour ever! These are not huge wineries, but that makes it even more unique and personal. Our tour guide Anna was extremely knowledgeable and hilarious! The food and appetizers at each winery were amazing along with all of the wines. The scenery was unbelievable the whole to the wineries and they were even better when you got to the wineries! We had a group of 6 people and it was the best tour that we had in the 10 days we were in Italy! I HIGHLY recommend this tour! If we go back to Florence in the future then we will definitely be using Anna and CoolIt tours! Thanks again Ann! - Dan and Family from Ohio
This tour was absolutely amazing! Anna is the best. There are not words to describe how incredible this experience was. We went to 3 different and unique wineries in Tuscany. Anna taught us so much about the different wine regions and types of wine we were having. The lunch was incredible as well. The best thing we did during our entire honeymoon! Highly recommend!! We will definitely schedule another tour with Anna when we go back to Italy!
Anna was a fantastic guide, and each winery was a treat! We had the best day!
Wonderful tour with vivacious, knowledgeable sommelier-tour guide! Anna Madaffaari was a font of knowledge, arranged three representative but different vineyard visits, and was able to incorporate local history with a vintner's perspective. My husband and I have traveled extensively, and toured wine regions in Spain, France, Napa, Sonoma , etc. Anna was able to incorporate our experiences into the Chianti region, highlighting not only production but complementary food selections as well. The fabulous luncheon at Sant' Agnese, and Giuseppe's commentary were a highlight.
Our tour was amazing. We enjoyed all 3 of the wineries and having lunch at the winery was incredible. Anna was our driver, which made the tour even better. She was very knowledgeable about the region, history, and the wine. We could not have asked for a better day or way to begin our vacation in the Chianti Region.