Small-Group Tuscany By Vespa
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Chianti Road, Italy
With a short ride, you will be taken just outside of the busy and bustling city center to start your Vespa tour
Stop At: Chianti Road, Italy
First you will receive an orientation conducted by an English speaking trained professional, ensuring the safe operation of the Vespas before we head out for our engaging and enjoyable ride (see notes).
A driving test in an enclosed space will be held to understand if everyone has enough confidence and safety on the Vespa to drive on open roads.
The 1 and half hour ride, along scenic country roads will offer splendid views of the rolling hillside, vineyards and olive groves, little medieval churches and ancient wineries. Some stops for photo opportunities will be made along the way.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Tenuta di Nozzole, Via di Nozzole 12 Loc. Passo Dei Pecorai, 50022, Greve in Chianti Italy
Visit of the Cellar
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Diadema Wine - Azienda Vinicola, Via Imprunetana per Tavarnuzze, 19, 50023 Impruneta FI, Italy
Visit of the cellar and wine tasting
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Diadema Cooking School, Viale Aldo Moro, 3, 50023, 50023 Impruneta FI, Italy
Typical Tuscan Meal in a Farmhouse
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
- Small group tour
- Roundtrip transportation by minivan to/from departure point
- 50cc original Piaggio Vespa
- Typical Tuscan meal
- Wine and olive oil tasting
- Guided tour of 2 wineries and their cellars
- Professional english speaking tour escort
- Minivan support
- Entry/Admission - Tenuta di Nozzole
- Entry/Admission - Diadema Wine - Azienda Vinicola
- Entry/Admission - Diadema Cooking School
- Hotel pick up and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- It is recommended to wear comfortable clothing.
- Minimum age is 18 years
- If you want to book multiple vespas (each for sole use with just one rider), please put through single bookings
- A valid driving license is required (although you do not need a motorcycle license), make sure you have it with you on the tour, and you must be at least 18 years of age to drive, at least 13 years to be a passenger
- Previous experience is not required but advantageous and highly advised. The tour operator reserves the right of final judgement in client participation of actual scooter driving or in client being a passenger, or to discontinue scooter use at any point of the tour. Any participant unable to drive scooters safely may ride double with a partner, or on the guide’s scooter if available or continue the tour on board one of our support vehicles (the Tuscany Tuk Tuk or the minivan, depending which is available) if unable to be a safe passenger as well. No refund will be granted in this case. Our first and foremost concern is everyone's safety
- This tour option entitles client to ride the original Piaggio Vespas, but Piaggio Zip scooters (which are lighter and easier to ride) are available
- A third-party insurance for civil liability is included in the price of the tour. Please note that clients will be given the option to subscribe an additional insurance against vehicle damages
- Please let us know in advance any special need or impaired mobility of the clients, and we will do our best to accommodate them
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Most travelers can participate
- RAIN POLICY: The tour runs rain or shine (but please see below). The tour departure will never be cancelled due to rain. We will do our best to proceed with the tour, avoiding the rain and thus possibly carrying out the tour with our minivan until and if the rain should stop and street conditions will guarantee a safe ride. If it does not stop raining, the entire tour will be conducted in the safety and comfort of the minivan. Guest options on rainy days: 1) Proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather – PARTIAL RIDE or NO RIDE due to heavy RAIN Customers can decide to proceed with the tour hoping for clearing weather with the understanding that if scooters are not ridden at all due to rain, or if the Vespa tour is dramatically abbreviated due to rain, customers will NOT be granted any refund or discount. We will do our best to get you on a scooter, weather permitting. 2) Rain check (of the same amount clients paid) to be used the following day or at any other time, subject to availability. The Rain check is a voucher given to client. The voucher is transferable and may be sold or given to others to use at a future date and lasts up to 1 year from date. It has a value that can be possible used in any other tour provided by our company. Please note that clients' safety and comfort are of utmost priority, and proper rain gear is mandatory for guests choosing to "ride in the rain". We ask clients to be at the meeting point 15 minutes before the tour departure, to check the weather conditions and choose accordingly. No-shows will not be refunded.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
Can’t say enough good things about this outing. Graze and Michaela were wonderful (and patient) guides and instructors. Made sure we were comfortable on the Vespas before leaving. Loved getting out. Of Florence and seeing the homes and countryside. Interesting winery tour and great tasting And meal followed. Highly recommend!
We decided on a whim to add this the next day when we had the afternoon free. What a great decision. Just so much fun to get out of Florence and see the countryside, taste wine, eat dinner with new friends, ride Vespas. Just a great time. Erica, Niccolo and Viola were great. Niccolo's explanation of the wine cellar and barrels was extremely illuminating. I have never knows so much about Chianti in my life. GO DO THIS - You won't regret it. (Only nit...trial rides on gravel are a bit difficult for many drivers...they might consider paving the test area.)
My wife and I enjoyed this attraction, but it did take a lot longer than we had expected. There was time used to shuttle us to the location and time to train our group on riding the vespas. The tour time started at 9:30 and was completed close to 4pm. The tastings were done after the ride, and we did not do a tasting at the winery we rode to. The meal after the ride was really good!
Outstanding! Our guides were fantastic, and our wine tasting turned into a party, where the whole group became fast friends. I highly recommend this tour!
Best trip ever! Highly recommend. Have fun!
The guides and the tour was wonderful!! The only drawback is that when they say some experience preferred, believe them. The instruction/evaluation is in a small gravel area. My wife FAILED her test and lost control. The Vespa fell on her foot and we are limping home. I would recommend this for folks with some experience.
We informed the local provider we were going to be a little late multiple times hoping they could wait on us. We arrived 12 minutes late to the meeting location and they had already left. They were not at all understanding to our situation. Don't be late. On the flip side, Florence was one of our favorite cities we have visited, which we would not have enjoyed if we made the vespa trip.