Volterra Day Trip from Florence with Wine Tasting and Tuscan Lunch
Proceed to Volterra, where some scenes of 'Twilight: New Moon' was filmed. Famous for the extraction and processing of alabaster, it is a notable historical Etruscan’s center enriched by Roman ruins (the theater) and medieval buildings like the cathedral, the Medici fortress, and Palazzo dei Priori on the main square. It will be an adventure to retrace the small alleys and backstreets, admiring the stunning view of the surrounding hills. Here is where you can also visit the Etruscan museum (optional).
Eat lunch at a small local organic farm and visit the farm and their productive activity, witnessing how farm production in this part of Tuscany still follows ancient techniques. Taste local products accompanied by red or white wine, water, and other specialties of the farm.
On the way back, make an additional stop at a local winery for an organic wine tasting.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Full Tuscan lunch with wine and beverages
- Wine tasting and farm visit
- Local guide
- If you want to experience the workshop in Colle Val d’Elsa, it will be quoted separately, and it's subject to availability
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Children under 5 are free of charge
- Please advise of any dietary requirements when booking
- Must be 18 years or older to consume alcoholic beverages
- This tour requires a 2 person minimum to book
We thoroughly enjoyed the day, not least because we had an excellent driver/guide. As it turned out we were the only two passengers. We loved Volterra and enjoyed the wine tasting and Tuscan lunch. We did feel however, that the lunch did not meet expectations for the cost involved.