Chocolate Flavours Tours Geneva: 3-hour Chocolate Tasting and Old Town Visit
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Local Flavours Tours, Geneva Switzerland
Visit 5 Chocolateries and Patisseries and one surprise stop. Enjoy 12 tastings of different chocolate products. Learn the secrets of more than 2000 years of “food of the gods” history and experience Geneva’s rich chocolate history and why it is home to some of the best chocolate. Also visit less well know sites of Geneva.
• Tasting the chocolate cakes of the Swiss Gold medal-winner
• Chocolaterie where W. Churchill, Grace Kelly, JF Kennedy and Charles de Gaulle purchased
• Join the most important Geneva tradition - Breaking the “Marmite” (cauldron).
• A boat ride from left bank to right bank
• Taste several award-winning chocolate creations
• Guided walk through the old town
Duration: 3 hours
- Chocolates all shapes and forms
- A bottle of water
- Expert tour guide
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Short Boat Ride
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
- Additional tastings beyond those included in the tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please wear flat shoes that are comfortable for walking
- Aim to arrive 15 minutes early, so the tour can start on time
- It is recommended to have a light savory breakfast the day of your tour
- Unfortunately, there is no guarantee for substitutions for all dietary restrictions such as gluten-free and other food allergies. You’re welcome to join the tour, but you may miss out on a number of tastings. If you leave a note in your online ticket purchase, alternate tastings will be arranged wherever possible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- When purchasing tickets, review all booking details carefully as tickets cannot be exchanged for another event, date and/or time. All participants must purchase a full-priced ticket in advance, even if they do not wish to participate in food tastings. We reserve the right to cancel the tour at any time. In this situation the price for the tickets purchased will be reimbursed.
- Local Flavours Tours reserves the right to cancel the tour at any time. In this situation the price for the tickets purchased will be reimbursed.
- For full Terms & Conditions please visit https://localflavourstours.com/termsandconditions/
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 15 travelers
The tour was the right length and got to visit a lot of interesting locations and some local stories as well. The chocolate locations where a real delightful experience to both see, smell and taste!! Guide was very informative and answered all our questions.
Best 3 hours I’ve spent on a walking tour. Wonderful commentary on chocolate and it’s history. Great way to walk the old town and taste incredible chocolate!! Highly recommend it!
Violet was a very knowledgeable guide and offered a lot of interesting and historic info. about Geneve as well as the Chocolate!!! Time flew and it never seemed like a 3 hour tour. The short boat ride was fun and Old Town was wonderful. I had no idea there was so much to learn about Chocolate and that is played such a prominent role in Geneve's history! Thank you, Violet!!! Great job!!! :)
Mae was very knowledgeable, friendly and fun. overall a very good experience. She covered the history of the city and kept us well fed with the delicious chocolate.
This was a great tour, our guide May was wonderful. She told us a lot of information about the history of chocolate. We had a total of 5 tastings, 3 were shops we visited and 2 our guide brought something out to us, because the shops were too small for our group. Everything was wonderful and it was nice that the tour included a chocolate fondue tasting, a chocolate pastry tasting and various chocolate candy tastings. At some of the tastings the chocolates were pre-selected for us and at other tastings we were able to pick our treat which was nice. The tour really gives you a greater appreciation for Swiss chocolate. I would definitely recommend this tour. Only comment for the tour operator is in not informing us that a discount coupon that was given to us was only good for that day. One of the chocolate shops offered a 10% discount if you returned to purchase something which was great, but we were not told that it was only good for that day. Please make sure that other tour guests know this.
The tour was amazing we learned about the history of Geneva as well as the history of chocolate! Our tour leader Mai was very well informed and showed us a great time. I would definitely recommend!
Excellent tour- so many samples and really high quality. More importantly this tour gives you not only the history of chocolate but Geneva history as well. The time flew by and it was great to meet other like minded people. May, the tour guide was wonderful- friendly and knowledgeable. If you do one tour while in Geneva it should be this one!
Highly recommend this tour. Rosalia is outstanding. Took us to chocolate stores we would never have visited on our own.
We had a wonderful 3 hours with Rosalia who explained the history of chocolate combined with the history of Geneva. We walked to 5 different chocolate outlets both in the old city of Geneva and the newer side and tasted wonderful chocolate with an explanation of what we were tasting and how it was made. We highly recommend this tour for anyone who likes chocolate who doesn't? and wants to enjoy 3 hours in Geneva with a knowledgable and personable guide.
The tour was amazing - a must do! It is very interactive and engaging. The guide is very knowledgeable and will lead you to the best chocolatiers in the city. We tasted by far the best chocolates we ever had on this tour!
This tour is a MUST do! The guide was friendly, informative and very welcoming. She explained everything in great detail and had a lovely demeanour. The chocolate shops we visited were delicous and of high quality. Very good value for money and would 100% recommend!