Lake Annecy Day Trip from Geneva
Nick-named the ‘Venice of the Alps’ Annecy’s old town is beautifully restored and a joy to stroll through. Colourful buildings perched next to waterways house endless restaurants, bistros, and cafés with outdoor seating and incredible views. Much of the old town of Annecy has only very narrow streets and alleys that are open to pedestrians only, on this day trip you'll have time to see this historic town.
See the amazing Lake Annecy
A major attraction of Annecy is its beautiful location on the banks of Lac d’Annecy. Boat excursions are popular on Lake Annecy and range from lunch cruises to short round-trip cruises. It is also possible to rent boats from the park behind the Hotel de Ville – powerboats and pedal boats (pedalos) can be rented by the half-hour. Swimming is allowed in this crystal clean - lake and the alpine views are simply stunning.
Take a tour of Chateau d’Annecy
The Château d’Annecy (Annecy Castle) was the home of the Counts of Geneva. In the 16th century the castle entrance was fortified with a parapet walkway. The oldest part of the castle is the Tour de la Reine which was built in the 13th century. From the 17th century to the 1940s it was a barracks and today it houses a museum with exhibitions of Art and History of the area.
• Depart Geneva for Annecy. (1 hour)
• Tour the Old Town of Annecy with free time.
• Tour of the Castle and Lake.
- Private vehicle and driver for 9 hours.
- Door to door transport from Geneva to Lake Annecy and return using executive style mini bus with air conditioning & bottled water.
- Entrance fees (Chateau d'Annecy: 12 euros)
- Food and drinks
- Optional activities such as boat or bike hire.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Confirmation will be instant and booking email sent within 24 hours of booking, subject to availability.
- This is a private tour for just you and your group.
- Please provide you Hotel address in Geneva so we can collect you.
- A valid passport will be required for all travellers.
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Picked up on time in good quality transport but driver spoke no English and personal guide didn’t understand much english when we talked to her. No interaction on the way to Annecy and then dropped off a long way from the old town part we wanted to explore.