Victorian Carriage Company 2 Hour Licensed Battlefield Guide Carriage Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Victorian Carriage Company Guided Battlefield Tours, 297 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg, PA 17325, USA
Witness the Battlefield at the Speed of History!
2 Hour Horse-drawn carriage tours on the Gettysburg battlefield with Gettysburg Licensed Battlefield Guides!
Our Carriage Tours are open to 10 passengers per tour to make sure there is plenty of room for each guest.
Slow speeds allow you to experience the history of the battlefield through open discussion and asking questions. This Licensed Battlefield Guided Tour is unique with its high level of guest-guide dialogue and interaction.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Gettysburg National Military Park, 1195 Baltimore Pike, Gettysburg, PA 17325-7034
The Battlefields of Gettysburg July 1, 2 and 3 1863
Duration: 6 hours
Stop At: State of Pennsylvania Monument, Hancock Ave, Gettysburg, PA 17325
The largest monument on the Gettysburg Battlefield. Constructed to honor all the soldiers from Pennsylvania, with the names of all those at Gettysburg cast in bronze tablets.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Peach Orchard, Wheatfield Rd, Gettysburg, PA 17325, USA
The site of important and controversial decisions that turned the tide of the Battle of Gettysburg
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Angle at Gettysburg, Hancock Ave, Gettysburg, PA 17325, USA
The area of the Pickett-Pettegrew-Trimble Charge where the Union held the line at the wall. Holds the famous Copse of Trees.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Victorian Carriage Company Guided Battlefield Tours, 297 Steinwehr Ave, Gettysburg, PA 17325, USA
April 13, 2019 is opening day for the carriages here at Gettysburg! See the Battlefield at the speed of history. Sit back, relax and drink in the beauty of the Gettysburg Battlefield as you enjoy a horse drawn carriage ride over this now peaceful area. The tour covers some of the most well known areas of the battlefield - the Peach Orchard, the Wheatfield, Devil's Den and the Round Tops. Don't just see the Battlefield, Experience the Battlefield. 1-2 hour tours available. 24 hour booking available at fareharbor, search confederatetrails
- Gettysburg Licensed Battlefield Guide Fee
- Entry/Admission - Victorian Carriage Company Guided Battlefield Tours
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- Fold down stairs bring the bottom step just a few inches from ground level- there is soft incline to the step and permanent handrails.
- All questions about the Carriages, including accessibility inquiries can be made by text or phone to the local Gettysburg contact number.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
The best way to see and to learn about Day 2 and Day 3 of the Battle at Gettysburg in my opinion....it's slow pace is how the soldiers would have traveled. Joe was our guide and he was funny, knowledgeable and told the story of the battle in such a way you could "see" it happening. Candy and Sherry our horses were beautiful and our drivers were very helpful and friendly. I highly recommend this tour!!!