Full-Day Goa Shore Excursion Including Lunch at Spice Plantation
9:45am - Shri Manguesh Temple
A beautiful temple dedicated to Lord Shiva located on a Hillock. The 400-year-old temple is known for its elegant structure and the pillars which are considered to be the most beautiful among the temples is Goa. A beautiful seven-story Deepa Stambha (decorative lamp tower), stands at the gates in the temple complex.
10:45am - Shree Shantadurga Temple
Set amidst lush emerald hills, this temple is dedicated to Shree Shantadurga Devi. The Temple has an impressive idol of Goddess Shree Durga who mediated between Shree Vishnu and Shree Shiva and stopped the fierce-full war going on between the two.
12:30pm - Tropical Spice Plantation (Lunch Included)
Spread over large tract of verdant land, which offers the perfect setting for you to soak in a pure unadulterated nature. Guest are welcomed in a traditional way. Healthy and nutritious food is served in a traditional manner on a banana leaf. Indulge in a riot of colors in the butterfly garden. Delight in the sight of over 75 spices of birds within the plantation. Catch sight of some vary rare and endangered species of birds.
3pm - Basilica of Bom Jesus (a UNESCO World Heritage Site)
Located at Old Goa, The Basilica of Bom Jesus is a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The foundation stone was laid on 24th November 1594, and completed on 15th May 1605. Home to the Saint Francis Xavier, the priest responsible to bring Christianity to the region. It is said that the great Saint Francis Xavier had immense powers of healing which is still reflected in the remains of his mortal self. The remains of Saint Francis are kept in a well clad casket.
4pm - Se Cathedral
This magnificent 16th century monument is the biggest church in Goa, displaying the majestic grandeur of Portuguese rule. The Cathedral is dedicated to St. Catherine of Alexandria hence it is also known as St. Catherine's' Cathedral. The Sé Cathedral has five bells. The existing tower houses a famous bell, one of the largest in Goa and often referred to as 'Golden Bell' on account of its rich tone which has been immortalized in a Portuguese poem.
5pm - Church of St. Francis of Assisi
To the west of the Se Cathedral is the former palace of the Archbishop that connects the Se Cathedral to the Convent and Church of St. Francis of Assisi. This church was built in the 17th century. Attached to the church is a convent, which has been converted into a museum by the Archaeological Survey of India in 1964.
6pm - You will be dropped back off to the sea port or your desired location in Goa.
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Transport by private air-conditioned car
- Professional private English speaking guide
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Se Cathedral
- Entry/Admission - Basilica of Bom Jesus
- Entry/Admission - Shri Mangesh Devasthan
- Entry/Admission - Sahakari Spice Farm
- Entry/Admission - Shri Mahalasa Temple
- Entry/Admission - Church of St. Francis of Assissi
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Any items not specified as included
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- Dress code - Temples are a sacred houses of God and a place worship. To preserve there sanctity and spiritual ambiance one must follow the below dress code within temple complexes
- Upper Wear: Must cover the shoulders, chest, navel, and upper arms
- Lower Wear: Must be at least below knee-length
- Remove footwear outside the temple. Socks are fine, you can keep wearing them
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
A fantastic tour from start to finish. Mr Anand our tour guide and Mr Ikbal (sp), picked us up from our hotel and privately drove us to Goa's finest attractions. It was an interesting mix of old and new, and provided us with a real insight into the real Goa. A brilliant journey, and the best day. Thx