Grand Canyon North Rim Air and Ground Tour with Optional ATV Ride
Take flight and soar over Lake Mead and Hoover Dam en route to the Grand Canyon, where you'll land at a peaceful and secluded airport near Bar 10 Ranch on the canyon's North Rim, a less-visited part of the canyon that provides a unique vantage point of Grand Canyon National Park.
If you selected the ATV option when booking, you'll explore the canyon rim on a Polaris Ranger, following a guide along a 4x4 trail through Whitmore Canyon and Lake Mead Recreation Area. As you perch 3,000 feet (880 meters) above the Colorado River, admire the sheer drop of the canyon walls and soak up the incredible views. You can also spot the interesting desert vegetation and look for local wildlife.
If you did not select the ATV option, you'll enjoy a guided van tour to the canyon edge that includes multiple stops on the rim for photo ops. Only guests of Bar 10 Ranch have access to this area, so you can expect to experience rare views of the canyon.
All that fresh air and natural wilderness will leave you hungry, and when you return to the ranch, a Western-style Dutch-oven barbecue lunch will be waiting for you, prepared by the welcoming staff. Your afternoon in the Wild West ends with the 45-minute return flight to the terminal and transport back to your Las Vegas hotel.
Sample lunch menu:
• Barbecued beef sandwich
• Fresh salad
• 'Gooey' homemade chocolate-chip cookies
- Round-trip flight
- 2-hour (approx.) ground tour
- ATV tour (if option selected)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- All local taxes and fees
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- ATV riders must be at least 16 years old and have a valid driver’s license
- A minimum number of passengers is required to operate this tour
- Infants must be under the age of 2 (23 months) and are considered lap children
- For comfort and weight/balance of the aircraft, passengers weighing over 300 lbs (136 kg) will be required to purchase an additional seat. This is payable directly to the tour operator on the day of the tour
- Infants are considered lap children if they are under the age of 2 and have proof of age, such as a passport or a copy of birth certificate
Plane flight from Boulder city were easy and offers great views. Bar 10 ranch is excellent the food and ranch hands were great. The view from the north Rim was great. the ride there is pretty rough. be prepared for lots of ups, downs, and turns. Rocky terrain. Plenty of photo opportunities. The ranch is a mid point for a few tours. Helicopters ferrying travelers to/from their Colorado river rafting adventures. Bar 10 is like a base Camp in the middle of nowhere.
Amazing experience...highly recommend if you are looking for something that is not the typical tourist tour.
Tour was amazeballs! Loved the staff. Good humour and we're looking after us in the incredible heatwave. Lunch was delicious too. Totally worth it!
This tour is one of the highlights of my life. The tour itself from being picked up at hotel to being returned to hotel is like a well oiled machine. Just sit back, relax, and enjoy all of the fantastic sights you are about to see and experience. Do not forget your camera ! One word of advice, if you are taking the ATV tour, TAKE the 6 passenger ATV. That way the driver acts as a tour guide and explains what you are looking at. The trail is SOOO rough, your dentures will fall out if you ride an ATV. Trust Me. The people at the ranch are extremely nice and the homemade BBQ lunch is to die for. So there you have it, money well spent and a memory that will last forever.