Puerto Quetzal Shore Excursion: Colonial Antigua and Hot Springs with Lunch
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Marina Pez Vela, Guatemala
You will be met at the cruise pier where you will be picked up and transferred to Antigua Guatemala. Here you will meet your guide.
Stop At: Iglesia de La Merced, Antigua Guatemala
We start with a 3-hour walking tour with a visit to La Merced Church - one of the most important churches in Antigua.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Arco de Santa Catalina, Avenida Norte 5a, Antigua 03001 Guatemala
We will also explore one of the distinguishable landmarks in Antigua Guatemala, Santa Catalina Arch. Built in the 17th century, originally it was connected to the convent of Santa Catalina, allowing the cloistered nuns to pass from one building to the other without going out on the street.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Antigua Guatemala Central Park, 5a Calle Poniente 13-7, Antigua Guatemala, Guatemala
We will finish passing by Central Park to appreciate the outside of The Cathedral of San Jose and The General Captain Palace.
Duration: 25 minutes
Stop At: Kawilal Spa Guatemala, Avenida Puente de la Gloria Riveras del Río Michatoya, Amatitlan 01063 Guatemala
After a soft walking tour of Antigua we will take a transfer to Kawilal Hot Spring that is a world of relaxation, where the most important elements of nature are present in this unique hot springs location. The hot springs complex promotes sustainable tourism in our country, and has 12 thermal pools, Thermal Circuit, 25 Steam Baths, and 3 Hydrotherapy Baths. The spa offers relaxing massages, reflexology, shiatsu relaxing, manicure and pedicure services, among others. Within our facilities are also Fonda Del Castillo, a restaurant with international fast food service. You will have time to eat lunch (Included)
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Pass By: Marina Pez Vela, Guatemala
Then after the lunch we return to Puerto Quetzal (Pacific Ocean) to board your cruise
- Local guide
- Port pickup and drop-off
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Alcoholic drinks (available to purchase)
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Before making your reservation please check and make sure that your cruise stays in the Port at least 7 hours, minimum time to operate the excursion
- Minimum of 4 persons apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Minimum age is 12 years
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Refunds will not be issued if tour/activity is missed due to late or non-arrival of cruise ship
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended and bathing suit for hot springs
This tour was wonderful. Took about 90 minutes to get to Antigua - beautiful old city. Group was small which is exactly why we use Viator. Only 11 of us. the Hot springs were AMAZING. What a way to end the day - beautiful lunch, then right to the springs. They provide you with towels, very clean showers and changing rooms. They springs are at a hotel spa and use water from one of the volcanoes. you can also get a massage if you want to skip the circuit of the spring water. We would go back again.
Colonial Antigua is beautiful and we plan to go back. The Hot Springs is actually a spa/resort. Very nice indeed but not the jungle, tropical event that the description suggests.
Enjoyed very much. Our Guide was was great. Meal excellent at springs. The springs were fun other than the cold pool. Part of the experience. Only downside is persistence of people selling their wares
A lovely way to spend the day in Guatemala! We walked through Antigua with our guide. The only issue was that the air conditioning on the bus was inadequate and it was a hot day. After our tour of Colonial Antigua, we traveled to a resort where we had a very nice lunch grilled chicken or tamarind chicken or vegetarian pizza which was huge! and a beverage and at that location, we experienced the hot springs. We weren't sure what to expect, but it was a 5 spa where you go from one hot pool to others of varying temperatures and the views were unbelievable!! The staff also provided complementary cold fruit drinks . Nice clean facilities they give you towels - change rooms, showers and they check your belongings for you.
A good balance between the historical bustling Antigua and the relaxating hot springs. A very tasty lunch was provided.