5-Day Small-Group Yangshuo Bike Adventure with Rock Climbing, Hiking, Kayaking or Cooking Class
When you arrive in Guilin, you’ll be picked up from the airport or train station and taken to your Yangshuo hotel. You'll meet your guide and we'll discuss the upcoming ride and take you on an orientation around Yangshuo. Enjoy free time to explore the bright lights and bustling restaurants, bars and cafes in the town centre at your guide’s suggestions.
Day 2: Cycle to XingPing (B,L).
Guided by a local expert, you cycle north out of Yangshuo through some of the bigger karst mountains in the area. The day starts with winding uphill as you navigate your way from flat land rice plots and bamboo-lined rivers through rice-terraces, tea plantations and orange orchards several hundred metres above the Li River Valley. There’s a great downhill to the banks of the Li River, along which you’ll cycle, before crossing by local ferry to Xingping and your lodgings for the night.
Day 3: Cycle to Yulong River Valley (B,L) .
Today we cycle from the Li River Valley to picturesque Yulong River Valley. We’ll visit the 500 year old Dragon and Fuli Bridges before stopping for a local lunch in an ancient village. The cycling takes us off-road again on single track and dirt roads through rice fields and by the Yu Long River. The scenery here is out of this world and everything deserves a photo! With options to head straight for our stay in renovated farmers cottages in the village of Chao Long or a swim in the river.
Day 4: Cycle to Yangshuo/ Optional Climbing, Caving or Cooking Class (B,L).
Today we’ll hit the road for a short ride back to the hotel in Yangshuo. Today is devoted to climbing (or the activity of your choice). Yangshuo has a developing international reputation for the quality of the rock-climbing, so we have included a half-day rock-climbing session. It does not matter if you are a novice or professional climber, these guys can and do cater to all levels. Note: If rock-climbing is not your thing, you are most welcome to replace it with either: a hike through one of the caves with a local guide or a half-day course at a cooking school.
Day 5: Departure
Today is departure day and you are free to leave at anytime. We’ll organise a transfer to connect with your onward travel. If you wish to stay longer to soak up Yangshuo’s unique atmosphere and activities check out our Yangshuo options page or chat to us about the possibilities on offer.
- 4-night accommodation in 3-star standard hotels and village guesthouses
- Airport/rail station/hotel pickup and drop-off
- Meals as listed in the itinerary
- Water and snacks during cycling
- Bike rental (your choice of four sizes) and helmet
- Luggage transfers
- Optional activity in Yangshuo: rock climbing, cave exploring, extended cycling or cooking class
- Ferry ride on Li River
- English-speaking guide
- Drinks, some meals
- Optional activities in Yangshuo not listed
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 7 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This cycling tour has a physical difficulty of moderate; stronger riders can be catered to; not recommended for participants with back problems or for children aged 12 and under
- Please wear clothing that is comfortable for extensive cycling; open-toed shoes and flip-flops are not recommended
- Double Occupancy room accommodation is a standard shared double room with two twin beds, two people per room (if requiring a double bed instead of two twin beds, please advise during booking); individuals in the same booking party will be booked in the same room. For traveling parties with an odd number of individuals, one person will be placed in a double occupancy room either shared with another traveler or on their own (no additional costs).
- Most meals are provided, for those that aren't you have the flexibility to choose some of your own food - your guide will happily recommend places to eat and purchase food.
In my opinion, this trip was amazing. It was everything I hoped it would be. Initially when I found out I was the only person on the tour I thought it would not meet my expectations, however, Tanxi my tour guide was excellent and the people at Bike Asia were very helpful and accommodating. On top of the incredible bike tour I also took advantage of all the extra side activities. I was never disappointed. I will definitely use this service again.