Full-Day Bus Tour: Longji Rice Terraces and Local Minority Villages
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dragon's Backbone Rice Terraces, 80 kilometers from Guilin, Longsheng County 541701 China
This is a join-in bus tour so you will share the tour with other English-speaking travelers. There will be about 20-40 people in a bus.
Expect pickup between 7:40am and 8:30am depending on your hotel’s location. The exact pick up time will be informed the night before and the guide will contact you via hotel reception.
Note: 1) If your hotel is on a small street where our vehicle can’t access, you will need to walk out to the main street; 2) If your hotel is outside of the city center, supplement charge will be required for hotel pick up and drop off.
It's about a 2.5 hours drive to the Longji Scenic Area (longer time in holiday season).
Arriving at the ticketing booth around 11am, you will take local shuttle bus to visit Huangluo Yao Village. Stroll among the local wooden houses and enjoy a performance that shows you how the Yao women brush, braid, and coil their spectacularly long hair in a traditional and beautiful way.
Then continue your journey to Dazhai village (Ping’an Village and Guzhuang Village are alternatives in special occasions). You can choose to hike for about 1-2 hours or take a cable car (at own expense), where the most dramatic rice terrace views are to be found. This is a reasonably challenging hiking and moderate fitness is required.
Savor stunning views of this crafted agricultural landscape. Depending on the time of year, you may see layers of reflecting watery rice fields, lush green shoots, or a whole swathe of golden rice. In winter, the terraces might even be covered with snow.
The time to return is about 4pm and you will be dropped back to your hotel around 6.30pm. Please kindly note that the traffic can be extremely bad during the holiday seasons, e.g. Mid-Autumn Festival , Chinese National Day holiday and Chinese New Year.
Duration: 4 hours
- All taxes, fees, and handling charges
- Local guide
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Dragon's Backbone Rice Terraces
- Cable car fee
- Sedan chair fees
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Moderate fitness is recommended
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- For better experience, you will visit Zhuang Village instead of Dazhai Village from 1st to 7th Oct, 2019.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 40 travelers
Everything you could expect from a standard tour of the Longji villages. Tour guide spoke good English, made the experience pleasant. The performance by the local villagers was entertaining and interesting, followed by a decent lunch before leaving us to freely explore the rice terraces ourselves. The tour was even kind enough to drop us off back in Guilin, next to the bus station. Very helpful. A good trip all round!