Mini Group: Longji Rice Terraced Fields and Minority Villages Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Dragon's Backbone Rice Terraces, 80 kilometers from Guilin, Longsheng County 541701 China
Time: 8:00-10:00, Hotel pick-up and drive to the Ancient Zhuang Village
Your guide will be waiting for you in your hotel’s lobby or other appointed location at the agreed time, which is usually 8 am. You’ll join a group with no more than six members, which is a great size to ensure you enjoy a better travel experience. After collecting all the members, we will head to our first destination - Ancient Zhuang Village of Longji.
Time: 10:30–12:00, Visit the Ancient Zhuang Village of Longji
Longji Terraced Fields is located in Longsheng county of Guilin city, covering 6 villages with a history of more than 2,000 years. The local Zhuang and Yao people have been farmed this mountainous fields day after days and year after years for their hard living. The Ancient Zhuang Village is the origin of the Zhuang people’s terraced fields. The highest altitude of the village is about 1,300 meters while the lowest altitude here is 350 meters. The terraced fields here look magnificent!
Time: 12:00–13:00, Hike from the Ancient Zhuang Village to Ping’an Village
After admiring the beautiful terraced fields scenery in the viewpoint of Slender Ditch you will hike to another famous village – Ping’an Village from here. This hike takes about 1 hour to complete about 8 kilometers' distance.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Ping'an Village, Within the County, Longsheng County 541700 China
Time: 13:00–14:00, Lunch at Beidong's Family Bamboo Rice
You will have lunch at a local farmer's family where you'll have the chance to taste delicious local featured food – the bamboo rice and some other minority food.
Time: 14:00–14:30, Visit the viewpoint of Seven Stars with the Moon
After lunch, you’ll start a visit to the most famous village in Longji – Ping’an Village. You’ll see the most beautiful and magnificent terraced fields scenery in Longji! Many world-awarding pictures were taken in this village.
Time: 14:30–15:00, An interview with a Yao lady wearing long hair
After visiting the Seven Star with Moon viewpoint we'll interview an old Yao lady with long hair come from another village nearby to discover another ethnic group – the Yao people with red clothes and their featured long hair culture for women. In their culture girls only allow having their hair cut for two times in their whole life.
Time: 15:00– 16:00, Visit the viewpoint of Nine Dragons and Five Tigers
After interviewing the Yao lady, you'll go to the most beautiful viewpoint – Nine Dragons and Five Tigers. This viewpoint is absolutely the most highlight of the day!
Time: 16:00–18:00, Drive back to Guilin or Yangshuo
The trip comes to the end after visiting the viewpoint of Nine Dragons and Five Tigers.You’ll be dropped off at your hotel in Guilin or Yangshuo safely.
Duration: 3 hours
- Transport between attractions, including pickup and return to your hotel.
- English-speaking local guide service.
- Lunch at a local farmer's house restaurant.
- Admission ticket to Longji Rice Field Terraces
- Bottled water
- A hiking trip from Guzhuang Village to Ping'an Village.
- Entry/Admission - Dragon's Backbone Rice Terraces
- Entry/Admission - Ping'an Village
- Airport transfer.
- Gratuities to your tour guide & driver (usually CNY 50 - 100 per person). It is not compulsory but would be a great encouragement for them.
- Your personal expenses.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- The hotel collection and drop-off areas will be within the urban areas of Guilin and Yangshuo. In Guilin city, the hotel collection and drop-off area should be within the following area: the north side is Beijiguangchang/北极广场, the west side is West Hill Park/西山公园, the east side is Sanlidian Square/三里店广场 and the south side is Wonderful Plaza/万福广场. Most of the major hotels are located in these areas such as The Sheraton Hotel, The Shangri-la Hotel, The Li River Waterfall Hotel and Guilin Bravo Hotel etc. For further distances, you need to hire a taxi to the appointed hotel which your tour guide will tell you the day before the trip.
- In Yangshuo town, the hotel collection and drop-off area should be within the urban area. For further distances, you need to hire a taxi to the Green Lotus Hotel (碧莲江景酒店).
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- If your booking has more than 6 people, all of you will be upgraded to a private tour group without other participants.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 6 travelers
This was a great tour. The rice terraces are spectacular no matter what the season. A great view of village life. Great food! A word of warning though: The road is a rough drive up the mountain, so if you have a bad back, consider giving this tour a miss.
I did this tour with Hill and it was very enjoyable. Only 3 of us, so we did it by private car. Hill has excellent English and was very knowledgeable . He tailored the tour to our interests. We took the cable car instead of hiking in the heat and I am glad we did as this as it allowed extra time which we used to visit Reed Flute Caves, which was also well worth doing. Great value and a good time !
Overall a great day, lunch was a lot better than your usual organised tour food, small group was a really good thing, they took us to the best place and dropped us at the top, we saw others walking up which looked awful and really hot and difficult. Nice places for coffee etc on pleasant walk down.