Eagle Preserve Float Trip in Haines
Enjoy 1.5 hours of gentle floating along the water, with opportunities to stop and photograph wildlife. Sit back and relax as your guide rows the raft and shares the natural and cultural history of the area. Treat yourself to a tasty snack of locally caught smoked salmon and hot drinks before the 20-minute return trip to Haines.
- Local guide
- Rafting equipment
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Pickup and drop-off
- Entry/Admission - Chilkat Bald Eagle Preserve
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- At time of booking, cruise ship passengers must provide the following information: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available; please advise at time of booking if required
- Child rate applies only when sharing with 2 paying adults
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Operates in all weather conditions; please dress appropriately
Fantastic day. Saw more eagles than we could count, a moose and a brown bear.
We loved this trip. Lizi and Andy promptly picked us up at the pier and transported us to the river. They gave us boots so we wouldn't mess up our shoes and we all got into the raft. It was wonderful floating down the rivers. Very peaceful. Andy is a great guide as he is well versed on the wildlife and plants in the area. Beautiful scenery too. We saw quite a few eagles. We ended the trip by going ashore and meeting back up with Lizi who had set up chairs and a table filled with wonderful snacks and drinks.
Great trip. Guide was very knowledgeable and very friendly and answered all our questions. Saw over 25 eagles. At end of trip,they had great snacks. Would definetly recommend this trip.