Wine, Olive Oil, and Terroir Small-Group Tour of Heraklion with Tastings
Crete is the island of olive oil. Here you can find some of the best olive oils in the world. Partake in a sensational olive oil tasting with about 10 different olive oils. learn about process of olive oil and how to taste it.
Discover traditional Cretan cooking with a mezze bar visit for a real Cretan lunch. Prepare for several plates of cold and warm mezzes to be brought to your table to share. This is a fantastic experience in a cozy, friendly atmosphere. Continue your wine tasting here and also raki (unsweetened, anise-flavored alcoholic drink) tasting to aid digestion.
After lunch, take a short walk to explore the picturesque village of Archanes which has a rich history in wine culture. End the day with a visit to a second winery with a selection of another five to six different wines for you to try. As a parting gift, every couple or guest will receive a bottle of wine.
- Local taxes
- Lunch at mezze bar
- Wine/olive tasting fees
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Extra beverages (beer, soft drinks, and non-wine alcoholic drinks)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available; please advise at time of booking if required
- It is recommended that you bring a hat, sunscreen, and spending money for any external purchases
- A maximum of 8 people per booking
- Important: this tour is only available from North coast Heraklion area to Agios Nikolaos (Heraklion, Agia Pelagia, Gouves, Gournes, Kokkini Hani, Hersonnissos, Stalida, Analipsi, Anissaras, Malia, Sissi, Agios Nikolaos, Elounda,…)
This tour is one of best wine tasting tours I have done, and we have done many. Our guide, Petros was just great with constant conversation and information on Crete, wine making, olive oil tasting. Wineries selected did great job and we could see our guide has worked closely with the wineries. The best was at end of tour we had 6 course lunch with more wine at a quaint village away from all the tourists. Really felt like a local. Would heartily recommend this tour as a way to get away from crowds, get flavor of the countryside and enjoy wines and terrific meal