Private Tour to Knossos and Archaeological Museum or Shopping from Heraklion
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: The Palace of Knossos, Knosos, Crete 714 09 Greece
Knossos is the largest Bronze Age archaeological site on Crete and has been called Europe's oldest city.
Settled as early as the Neolithic period, the name Knossos survives from ancient Greek references to the major city of Crete. The palace of Knossos eventually became the ceremonial and political centre of the Minoan civilization and culture. The palace was abandoned at some unknown time at the end of the Late Bronze Age, c. 1,380–1,100 BC. The reason why is unknown, but one of the many disasters that befell the palace is generally put forward.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Agios Titos Church, 25 Augustou Street, Heraklion, Crete Greece
Saint Titus, or more properly the church of Saint Titus in Heraklion, is one of the most important monuments in the centre of town, on 25th of August Street. It is set in a lovely square with a few cafés and bars, Agios Titos Square.
Agios Titos means Saint Titus in Greek.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Heraklion Archaeological Museum, Xanthoudidou Chatzidaki, Heraklion, Crete 712 02 Greece
The Heraklion Archaeological Museum is a museum located in Heraklion on Crete. It is one of the greatest museums in Greece and the best in the world for Minoan art, as it contains the most notable and complete collection of artefacts of the Minoan civilization of Crete.
Duration: 1 hour
- Private tour
- Professional guide
- Transport by private vehicle
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Food and drinks
- entrance fees
- Entry/Admission - The Palace of Knossos
- Entry/Admission - Heraklion Archaeological Museum
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- The duration of transfers are approximate, the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
Very disappointing. The guide was knowledgeable and well informed. But it was very hot and the guide wanted to take pictures of us at least 6 times. We felt like he was dragging things out. The van was nice and clean with a driver. The museum visit was nice but the guide couldn't hold 6 peoples attention. Not a good value for the money.