Santorini Island Independent Day Trip from Crete
As soon as you arrive to the port of Santorini, you are getting on the bus for a guided tour to Oia and Fira. The Land Excursion begins with a visit to the northwest part of the island where the town of Oia is located. Despite its enormous tourist appeal and development, Oia has remained true to its traditional character. One can admire the old neo-classical manors as well as the houses carved on the rock. Oia is the most graphic village with a fantastic view, narrow streets and marvellous mansions. This picturesque village is well known for its beauty, eye-catching blue-domed churches and dramatic volcanic views After that, the excursion continues to the town of Fira, for sightseeing and souvenir shopping in the beautiful landscape and walking through the narrow pebble streets. One can enjoy a meal looking at the unique contrasting beauty.
At the end, guests can visit Kamari Beach for swim, which is one of the most famous in Santorini because of its black sand and its clear crystal water or can visit Perivolos.
Return to port at the prearranged time, and then hop aboard your boat for the crossing back to Crete at estimated arrival time 22:00 pm, Your day trip finishes with a drop-off at your Crete hotel
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Round-trip boat ride from Crete to Santorini
- Guided tour to Oia-Fira
- As from 12/07 and onward clients may choose between Breakfast and Dinner on Board or free Visit to Volcano and go around the Caldera and swimming. Upon Reservations clients have to state in their booking if they wish to have Breakfast and Dinner on Board OR to participate in a free visit to Volcano for swimming.
- Food and drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
This tour is really awesome! They had a cab pick us from our hotel to the port and back to our hotel after! They even had our name printed on a sign! We saw the main parts of santorini and had enough time to take plenty of pictures and eat lunch. It was a great experience overall
It was very well organized and fun and easy to purchase and negotiate. I have no complaints other than more time in a day! The tour company worked with our resort to arrange for pick-up.
I really loved Santorini but I would prefer to go there and stay for a few days as we spent too many hours traveling (bus+boat+bus). The guide was really kind and funny, we could see that she knows a lot about her island (she lives there), unfortunately I don't remember her name but she said that we could call her "mama" :) also she recommended a good restaurant by the beach!
I liked the tour, and visiting Santorini. However, there was almost no guidance, we had short free time of 1 hour or 1.5 hours in the major cities which was too crowded and left us with the wish to see more. The ferry was 2.75 hours to each direction, which left us less time than we expected.
Santorini itself is the most beautiful Of islands. However the tour tries too hard to fit too much in. The result is that you hardly have time to look round before being moved on to the next location. My advice get the ferry yourself and take your time maybe just concentrate on Thira or one location