The Gourmet Wine Tour of Heraklion
Crete is the island of olive oil. Here you can find some of the best olive oils in the world. We bring you to a sensational olive oil tasting with 10 different olive oils from Crete. Learn more about the olive oil traditional process and how to taste it.
For who want to discover the other side of Cretan cooking, we bring you to selected creative chefs for a gourmet lunch. Prepare for several plates of cold and warm mezzes to be brought to your table to share. This is a fantastic experience in a cozy, friendly atmosphere, in one of the best restaurant in this vineyards area. Prepare yourself to be dazzled by Cretan chef’s talent. Do we have to say that good wine, selected by chef, is included in lunch.
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- Lunch - 3-course lunch
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Beers, wine and non alcoholic drinks
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- Important: this tour is only available from North coast Heraklion area to Agios Nikolaos (Heraklion, Agia Pelagia, Gouves, Gournes, Kokkini Hani, Hersonnissos, Stalida, Analipsi, Anissaras, Malia, Sissi, Agios Nikolaos, Elounda,…)
The experience was absolutely wonderful! Our tour guide was knowledgeable and made all of us feel comfortable - plenty of wine and food to go around. Would highly recommend!
this was by far the best tour we have been on in25 years, do not pass this one. I gaurentee it will be better than I can describe
Absolutely fantastic day out! Pierre was a joy to spend the day with teaching us all about the traditional wine and foods of Crete. I can't recommend this trip enough, it is wonderful value for money and an experience we will never forget!
First class in every way.
We had a great time. Pierre was wonderful.
What an amazing day! This is a small personal tour, there was only us and one other couple on the trip along with Pierre who runs the tour with his wife. First stop is an olive farm which has given me a new appreciation for good olive oil, then onto the first wine farm - gorgeous views, delicious wines and good company who needs to speak the same language when drinking wine?. Lunch was at a small local restaurant with a mixture of small sharing plates for starters and desserts as well as mouth watering lamb for mains. Of course more excellent wine to accompany. The afternoon is then spent having a snooze while being driven to the next wine farm for more tasting. We ended up buying loads of local produce under no pressure whatsoever which I can't wait to sample while remembering one of the best trips of a holiday ever!