Boat Based Whale Watching from Hermanus
The whale watching tour begins with an on-land briefing presented by our whale specialist guide before heading down the jetty to our boat. We then set off from the Hermanus New Harbour in search of the ‘gentle giants.’ During the tour our friendly, knowledgeable crew adds that personal touch to ensure an all-round great experience, from ensuring you don’t miss the perfect photo opportunities to serving complimentary light refreshments. The guides keep you informed via our on board PA system ensuring your whale trip is informative and educational.
WHAT YOU CAN ENCOUNTER
Encounter Southern Right, Humpback & Bryde’s whales.
Dolphins, Seals, and a large variety of marine birds including the African penguin.
JUNE- MID AUGUST | Humpback & Southern Right whales
JUNE-DECEMBER | Southern Right whales
- Twin hulls of the catamaran provide optimum stability.
- Comfortable indoor and outdoor seating throughout.
- Enclosed areas for protection from sea spray and weather conditions.
- Retractable, transparent blinds to give the option of open-air freshness in good sea conditions.
- Surround- sound public address system for optimum communication by the specialist guide on board.
- Modern ladies and gents toilets on board.
- Refreshments bar on board
- Whale specialist guide on board
- Support Crew to ensure passenger comfort
- Complimentary Light refreshments
- Transportation to/from attractions
- DVD (available to purchase)
- Souvenir photos (available to purchase)
- The listed price does not include a R5 entrance fee to the Harbour, payable upon entry
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- All ages welcome, children U/12 must wear a life jacket at al times which will be provided
- Please bring along:
- Weather appropriate clothing and a windbreaker
- Sensible footwear, sunscreen; cap if necessary
- Sea sick tablets should be taken in advance as per packet instructions (if necessary)