Plates of Goodness
About this activity
Upon arrival in Seenigama, you'll be given a brief introduction. We'd love to take you on a short tour of our empowerment sectors and the story behind it as Sri Lanka's only one of a kind holistic rural model to empower disadvantaged communities! You'll head towards our Sports Academy or the Village Heartbeat Empowerment sector, both of which are closely located to our main premises. Then you'll man the cooking station and learn to cook traditional village rice & curry with me. You have the option to get assistance in preparing dishes if you would like to do so, or you can sit back and enjoy the lessons. At the end of the session, you'll enjoy prepared lunch in a relaxed outdoor setting. A recipe leaflet will be provided, to try it out back home with your loved ones. Duration of the cooking class would be 2-3 hours.Read more Show less
- Bottled water
- Menu Lunch
- Dhal Curry
- Fish, Chicken or Prawn Bringal Moju or Pineapple Okra tempered
- Coconut Sambal or Mallum
- Mushroom Curd with treacle Let us know which options you would prefer!
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please refrain from smoking or drinking alcohol at the premises.