Big Island's Hawaii Grand Circle Island Tour
This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Royal Kona Coffee Center, 83-5427 Mamalahoa Hwy, Captain Cook, Island of Hawaii, HI 96704-8303
Free samples of the different types of Kona coffee.
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park, 1871 Trail, Honaunau, Island of Hawaii, HI 96726
Ancient ways of old Hawaii
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Punalu'u Black Sand beach, Highway 11, Pahala, Island of Hawaii, HI 96777
A beautiful black sand beach on the south east coast of the Big Island.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Volcano House, 1 Crater Rim Drive, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, HI 96718, USA
Lunch at the Volcano House restaurant with amazing views of the Kilauea caldera. No-host lunch, purchase your own lunch.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Volcano National Park, Hawaii Volcanoes National Park, Island of Hawaii, HI
Kilauea Visitor's Center
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut Visitor Center, 16-701 Macadamia Road, Hilo, HI 96720, USA
Famous chocolate covered Macadamia nuts
Duration: 20 minutes
Stop At: Rainbow Falls, Waianuenue Avenue, Hilo, Island of Hawaii, HI 96720
It cascades over a lava cave that according to legends is home to the ancient Hawaiian goddess Hina, the goddess of the moon.
Duration: 15 minutes
Pass By: Saddle Road, Hawaii Highway 200, Kailua-Kona, Island of Hawaii, HI
From Hilo, your drive back to Kona via Saddle Road.
- Transportation by air-conditioned motorcoach or minibus
- Hotel pickup and drop off from Kona hotels
- Local taxes
- Entry/Admission - Pu'uhonua O Honaunau National Historical Park
- Entry/Admission - Hawaii Volcanoes National Park
- Food and drinks (unless lunch option is selected)
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A light sweater may be needed at the volcano area and sturdy walking shoes are required
- Passengers with asthma and other respiratory problems should please consider other tour offerings to avoid potential health problems resulting from exposure to fumes
- As we cannot predict volcanic activity, features may vary daily depending on conditions. In an effort to make this an unforgettable experience, the tour operators will take you as close as possible to the volcanic activity
- Lava sightings not guaranteed
- Special Needs requests must be called in to the local supplier AT LEAST 1 week prior to tour date. All special needs requests are handled and accommodated on a situational basis.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Steam vents may affect travelers with respiratory problems
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
The tour was good. Saw many of the main attractions and an interesting history lesson. The lunch was not very good however. Small portions and bland.
This tour was all we had hoped it would be plus, plus! Sal was our guide, which, at first blush when told he was from 'Jersey, was an 'Oh No but turned out to be an 'Oh Yes! Not only was he most knowledgeable but kept our interest through a long day.We just wanted to enjoy the day and see how this island fit in to the whole chain. Having visited all the Hawaiian Islands with the exception of the 'Big One' this tour was just what we wanted. We not only enjoyed ourselves but we learned a lot about Hawaii. My wife and I enjoyed sharing the day with an excellent guide, learned a lot, and made new friends. I would highly this tour and Sal as the guide!
Great tour! our driver guide was so knowledgeable. My least favorite part of the tour was the Royal Kona stop. The women at the cashier were so snippy and unfriendly. I bought 200 worth of coffee and they cannot even give answers when being asked about their coffee. I understand that your coffee is one of the best in the world but the customer service of that store needs improvement.
I love this tour especially after we visiting the Big Island, the volcano exploded. Since we only stayed 2 nights in Big Island, the tour covered whole island and tour guy was very knowledgeable and arranged the time to each place very well. We just love it:
This was s good introduction to the Big Island.
Tommy was a great guide - we stopped regularly - even at places not on the tour. Well worth going to see places on the island you wouldn't usually see as all the usual tourist parts. A long trip but well worth it.
Our tour guide and bus driver Jeff was the best and most relatable person for a trip around the whole Island. He always had something enlightening to talk about at every part of the 11 hour tour. This tour was the best day of the whole vacation.
WE DID THIS SEVERAL YEARS AGO AND MY WIFE THOUGHT IT WAS GREAT
Guide was excellent and learned a lot about Hawaii and the big island Every stop was great. Only downer was the bus broke down and we missed the last stop plus the replacement bus had no sound so we didn't have any narrative for the las two hours. Felt bad for the driver because he didn't deserve that. Otherwise trip worth the money.