Guaranteed Manta Ray Night Snorkel
Depart from the Honokohau Harbor on a 48-foot (15-meter) Delta, which has a large cabin, top observation deck for extra seating and great unobstructed views, a restroom, and plenty of room to move around.
Travel the coastline at dusk, reaching your destination around sunset to enjoy amazing views of the setting sun from the water. After sunset, spend about 45 minutes snorkeling using a customized light board that attracts the mantas and produces a flurry of bubbles and lights. You'll be in fairly shallow water within sight of the shoreline, and supervised by your experienced guide to ensure your comfort and safety.
Afterwards, enjoy hot chocolate and light snacks on the boat as you cruise back to the harbor. All equipment, snacks, and beverages are included. Manta sightings are guaranteed, or you will be given a voucher for another tour.
- Bottled water and hot chocolate
- Professional guide
- Flotation device
- Snorkel equipment including wet suits
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Children under the age of 5 must provide their own life vests
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there are not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund.
- Collapsible-wheelchair accessible—if assistance is required, passenger must provide their own assistant.
- Manta Guarantee. It's extremely rare, but if we do not see any manta rays on our tour, you are welcome to come back out with us again during the same vacation, based on availability, free of charge. We recommend you book early in your trip so if you need to take advantage of the guarantee you have more flexibility.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
Boat is amazing, the crew were charming and very very helpful and kind. Exhilarating boatride followed by plenty of time in the water, with help and good instructions, followed by another exhilarating boatride back (in pitch black darkness). Well worth a visit
I really enjoyed this experience. It was executed very well and the guides were very personable talking to various customers on board. They would go under the water and check out the feed and help point out some of the rays. They set us up nicely and helped me out with equipment. I would definitely recommend this to anyone!
Bryan, Mika and Ryan were fantastic. They were very helpful getting into the water (we had inexperienced snorkellers) and swam us to various locations for the best sightings of the Mantas. Lucky enough to see dolphins on the way to the Manta site.
Not so great. Captain good - and two crew members. Captain not happy with their performance when trying to anchor the boat. Too many people for Ocean Encounter boat. We did not see any manta rays - of course told us we could return to try again. No thank you. Lights burned out while in the water.
Great Family Adventure!